Eagle Owl in Suffolk.

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

This is my first post, so please be gentle.

eagleowl-print-1024.jpg

Take care,

Philip

Wonderful image, Philip, but too big for the forum! 800x600 and under 200(y)kb

Wow, those eyes and the focus are spot on. Such a shame about the bottom frame cutting into the bird. Have you got one where it has room below the owl? Otherwise a stunning image and one I'd be happy to put on my wall.

Lovely capture, I just wish it was a bit higher up in the frame, it's quite unbalanced at the moment

but too big for the forum! 800x600 and under 200(y)kb
As I understand it the size limits are just for pics that are hosted on the TP gallery - for links to outside hosts like this one that is from Photobucket it does not apply does it ? (I could be wrong).

I had to crop the bottom of the image to remove a bald guys head.

Maybe the head could be removed in Photoshop? Might be quite easy with that nice blurry background...

Failing that, I'd crop something off the top aswell. It's a cracking capture otherwise.

Pics displayed in a thread have to be maximum 800px on the longest side
Hmm most of my post have been bigger than 800 wide :bang:

I have just had a look again at the rules and if hosted outside of TP the pixel size still applies but the 200kb limit does not - strange really because if you are still on dial-up (as the rules talk about) I would have thought that the file size would have been more important than the image dimensions :shrug:

Quite scary! Excellent capture Philip as it sound as though it was an awkward shot to take..

Fantastic picture - I'd be chuffed to have got one this sharp. The cropping works well for me - I imagine these birds swooping low over the ground so having it in the bottom of the frame makes the picture.

WOW sharp in all the right places pretty good for a first post I'd say!

Back