Early morning Light...

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
After my crazy 2 hours in a field, I managed 3 hours sleep before heading west....

Anyhoo, this one doesnt really fit in with the rest of my set, and I am unsure on two things. Which contrast works best, and which crop?

I quite like OTT contrast, but perhaps one of these is TOO ott.

1:
atxglu.jpg

2:
2zjdnoi.jpg

C & C always appreciated. For the record, I feel it has a few problems. It might be a tad soft, and also, I think the shot was taken perhaps a little "too early", if I had waited I may have got some more fog and foreground colour. WDYT?

Gary.

Last edited:
This kind of shot def becoming your trademark I think the haunting murky dusk and the next hill. To me all kind of dreamy kind of shots :) As in I wonder whats over that hill.? ps no 1 for me

Last edited:
Thans for the comments guys.

I wonder, do I loose the "fade to black" at the top? That one big black stream of cloud at the very top of the frame might be better cropped out, then the image I reckon may appear a lot brighter...

No 1 for me mate. I can't see anything obvious that I would change, would be proud to have taken it myself.

Andy

#2 for me Gary (y). The PP on it seems to have done away with the overly-light patch of sky.

They're both good though.

Neil

I think I prefer the first, though the black could do with being darkened a little. My main gripe with both is the band of black sky at the top. Loose that, and it's another gary corker! :)

I think I prefer the first, though the black could do with being darkened a little. My main gripe with both is the band of black sky at the top. Loose that, and it's another gary corker! :)

Yup, that cloud is gonna be killed. I am also going to work on the foreground to try and bring more out of it.

Cheers mate,

Gary.

That photo has great bones, Gary. I like number 1 better; agree with you and others that losing the dark band of cloud at the top would be good. Beautiful mood to the shot...reminds me of a Hemingway-esque African safari type shot.

Garry, yet again I like both equally.
The soft rolling mist in number 1 & the contrasting colours in the sky from number 2.
Where did you take this one ?

I prefer number 1 as you can clearly see the different plains, not sure if that the right word. Do you know what I mean though?

No 1 for me - the composition for me works much better as the layers step you into the image. More subtle sky tones as well.

These are great gary, no. 1 is a little better due to the composition and the colours are better. No. 2 is good I like the strong contrast you have used.

No 1 for me - the composition for me works much better as the layers step you into the image. More subtle sky tones as well.

I prefer number 1 as you can clearly see the different plains, not sure if that the right word. Do you know what I mean though?

Garry, yet again I like both equally.
The soft rolling mist in number 1 & the contrasting colours in the sky from number 2.
Where did you take this one ?

That photo has great bones, Gary. I like number 1 better; agree with you and others that losing the dark band of cloud at the top would be good. Beautiful mood to the shot...reminds me of a Hemingway-esque African safari type shot.

Thanks all. I will post a reworked version unless I get back through sometime soon for a reshoot.

The first, might lose a tiny bit off the bottom and bring out the lights a tiny bit more other wise would not change anything. Has a nice dreamy feel to it.

Thanks matey. Still to re-edit this one.

Back