East Anglia / East of England Film Meet (Suffolk)

My list is subject to change :D

No idea where (or what) Neros is... I hope Nick does :oops: :$

I think i'll leave the 5x4 at home.

Well, I'm in... provided I catch that 7:11 train! Arrive about 10:30 at the station, Nick has my mobile no.

Well clearly myself and Nick will be at the station around 9:30 ... possibly 10:30 as well now. Anyone else arriving may want to start there or at the nearest purveyor of coffee. My mobile is ** ex directory :D ** - somebody remind me to delete this tomorrow - and I have an 02 black Celica with tinted windows and a noisy sound system. Can't miss it :eek:

Last edited:
Morning All.

Apologies to you all for vanishing off the forums.

My wife's not been well (collapsed discs in her neck) hence I've had rather a paucity of time to post.

Delighted to hear that some of you will be coming up here today. I'll drop down and try and meet up with you all at Nero's.

Best regards & see you soon

Chris

Nero's is in the Thouroughfare, just off Quay St which is opposite the station (rail), apparently. Not sure how this is all going to pan out so taking it as it comes :D

Hey Chaps,
My plans for today have fallen through and the Camp Commandant had given a me a pass for the rest of the day. So I might take a drive down to Suffolk coast to take some photos. Are you likely to be in Woodbridge for the rest of the day, or are you moving on? I might be able to catch up with you at some point and say hello.

ps. I realise you may not get this message but I thought it worth a try

Last edited:
Did you make it, David? We were in Woodbridge this morning and headed off to Orford this afternoon, all crammed into Arthur's Celica! Quite a bright but hazy day, plenty of interesting things to photograph and gear to chat about...

Bit of a 'mare getting back... the first train was 13 minutes late, so we missed the second train and had to get a later one, which was slower, so for me it was touch and go to get to Euston for my train. Made it, clutching a bacon brie and cranberry baguette in hand.

Did you make it, David? We were in Woodbridge this morning and headed off to Orford this afternoon, all crammed into Arthur's Celica! Quite a bright but hazy day, plenty of interesting things to photograph and gear to chat about...

Bit of a 'mare getting back... the first train was 13 minutes late, so we missed the second train and had to get a later one, which was slower, so for me it was touch and go to get to Euston for my train. Made it, clutching a bacon brie and cranberry baguette in hand.

I actually also went to Orford in the Afternoon! I parked on the quay and was there at about 3pm just as a river trip boat was mooring. I did see one chap taking pictures of a sign advertising fish for sale by the quay but he didn't seem to be part of a group so I didn't think he was one of your lot. Perhaps he was, I should have gone and spoken to him. There were so many tourists milling around that I didn't stay long.

I actually also went to Orford in the Afternoon! I parked on the quay and was there at about 3pm just as a river trip boat was mooring. I did see one chap taking pictures of a sign advertising fish for sale by the quay but he didn't seem to be part of a group so I didn't think he was one of your lot. Perhaps he was, I should have gone and spoken to him. There were so many tourists milling around that I didn't stay long.

I suspect that was me! "Group" is a rather fluid word... I think when I was doing that, @RaglanSurf and @compulsivehordr were taking pics of stones on the beach a bit further on, and @Ambermile might have been off in the opposite direction near the hulks! That's a shame...

I suspect that was me! "Group" is a rather fluid word... I think when I was doing that, @RaglanSurf and @compulsivehordr were taking pics of stones on the beach a bit further on, and @Ambermile might have been off in the opposite direction near the hulks! That's a shame...

So close and yet so far.....

Oh yes, I was to remind one of @RaglanSurf or @Ambermile to put up some pics of an Agfa Rolodex thingy, perhaps on the "dev your own fim" thread?

Did you have a chance to look around the castle?

Oh dear, we were there then as well when the boat got in... the tall bloke in the dark coat with a tripod wasn't one of us though. Got to the church - which was odd - but not the castle.

Chris, will dig it out later, Mother's day and all that :D

PS - you weren't in a red fiat perchance... ?

Last edited:
Well clearly myself and Nick will be at the station around 9:30 ... possibly 10:30 as well now. Anyone else arriving may want to start there or at the nearest purveyor of coffee. My mobile is [xxxx] - somebody remind me to delete this tomorrow - and I have an 02 black Celica with tinted windows and a noisy sound system. Can't miss it :eek:

Reminder... :) Thanks again for the lifts... and the adrenalin kick, Arthur!

Sounds like a grand day out, looking forward to seeing some of the pictures!

Oh dear, we were there then as well when the boat got in... the tall bloke in the dark coat with a tripod wasn't one of us though. Got to the church - which was odd - but not the castle.

Chris, will dig it out later, Mother's day and all that :D

PS - you weren't in a red fiat perchance... ?

No not a red fiat, good job by the sound of things (I wont ask the details.. right not to self-incriminate yourself and all that):)

I was in a silver and green Pajero 4x4 thing.

Oh yes, I was to remind one of @RaglanSurf or @Ambermile to put up some pics of an Agfa Rolodex thingy, perhaps on the "dev your own fim" thread?

This is the thing I mentioned in my Wanted thread in the Classifieds... now if anyone has one they DON'T want... (anywhere from 99p to £99 on the bay, apparently!)

This is the thing I mentioned in my Wanted thread in the Classifieds... now if anyone has one they DON'T want... (anywhere from 99p to £99 on the bay, apparently!)
Didn't Arthur @Ambermile say he had one he didn't want?

I've got one you're welcome to borrow Chris.

Anyone know where the picture thread is for this?

Anyone know where the picture thread is for this?
I'm sure Ive seen some somewhere, but if you can't find it then put them in here and I'll change the title to reflect its content.

Back