East Devon shots

Edit My Images
No
all006.jpg

all041.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

DSC_0676.jpg

My first post on the site as a complete beginner.Recently bought a Nikon D40X and two kit lenses.Don't have any software as yet,other than the one supplied with the camera.

Arwyn.

Some nice first shots there Veloman (y)

I like the statue through the trees, something calming about it.

Enjoy your camera and keep experimenting, you have an eye for a picture so that is the hard bit done (y):LOL:

Robin,thank you for your encourageing comments

Sound start although I think the building in picture 2 could benefit from having a bit more space around it but then I'm a relative newbie too so what would I know! :D

Thanks for your kind comments fella's.Chonga,I agree with more space being a requirement around pic' 2,what I was doing in that shot was testing my new aquasition of a circular polarizing filter.There was a blinding glare coming off all that glass, and a good subject to practice on.So,in one shot I proved its worth, and function , early in my new found interest.

A good exercise then. That probably also explains the blueness of the sky. I've yet to test my polarizing filter so you've inspired me to look for a glarey glass building to snap. :)
Just out of interest, how far round did you turn the filter for that shot?

Chonga,I'm sure that I had to give it the full 90Deg'?I took 3 shots at varying degrees of rotation, but it was given full whack before it eliminated the glare

Back