East Lancashire Railway

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I took these on a grey rainy day a few weeks back...

SummerseatViaduct_PrincessElizabeth.jpg

SummerseatTunnel_44422_1.jpg

Ramsbottom_92214_1.jpg

Ramsbottom_SherwoodForester_2.jpg

Ramsbottom_44422_1.jpg

Love the 2nd, how fast can you run?! :D Haven't been to Ramsbottom in years. Its got this great old feel to it, especially with the trains. Really nice shots.

:clap:
I love steam trains, they're so beautiful and the noise and smell is so unique.
I've not got a great deal of experience in photographing them, and they're getting more and more difficult to find nowadays - especially the bigger ones. I work next door to Tyseley Station in Birmingham, which occasionally has some steam trains from the Loco Works passing through. When I hear the whistle I grab my coat and camera and run up the road to try and get a photo!

I'll have to try and find a weekend to visit this East Lancs Railway - looks like they have some impressive machines! Any idea where I can find more info about the timetables they're running?

Nice! I was down in Bury a couple of weekend back, but there weren't any steam locos about. Only had half an hour or so, but I'd like to go back. I did take some photos at the Bluebell Railway in Sussex in December, and I'll post them up when I'm next at home.

Apparently East Lancs Railway are doing a "Spring Steam Event" on the 3rd and 4th March which I'll probably try and go along to. I'm told there will be quite a few trains in steam on the day, so hopefully I might get a few good shots.

#3 & 4 for me.

Very nice.

No4 for me, that big bush in the middle of 5 spoils it.

Where's the best place to go? Bury station? Do they have a loco shed or works anywhere that you can look round? One of the best things at the Bluebell was the yard that you could walk round, but now thanks to health & safety legislation, it's all roped off. Still, next time I'm going to pack the orange hi-vis! ;)

Is it OK to stick your pictures on someone else's post?

Coincidentally, we were walking alongside the ELR on Sunday and I tried to get some shots. I didn't do very well though :(

This was the best I got, but was low down against a flat cloudy sky so the steam merged into the sky. Here's my quick attempt to make something of it.

IMG_1202.jpg

Nice! I like it :)

I really like the 3rd pic, nice b&w conversion. Have you tried cropping the first one just at the base of the railway bridge? It seems better like that to me, IMHO :)

Mike

Nice set of images, makes me think of going over there this weekend.

As for special events: They have a 40s theme week every year, did not know much about it last year when we had a visit there, but will go again this year with the camera as there is plenty of steam with lots of folk dressed in 40s clothes both military and civil. Also they have a mock German invasion.

Aye - the 40's do is on my list too ;)

Nice! I like it :)

Thanks. I don't think it's as good as any of yours though.

In case you don't know, I think the '40s event is the bank holiday weekend at the end of May.

Paul

Beautiful images OY!!

Very nice. Like the 2nd one best.

I must have been stood in the same spot today as No.5 :LOL:

train.jpg

These chaps were promoting May Bank Holiday 40s weekend

jeeps.jpg

PS. where was your first shot taken from?

Back