East Midlands Airport

Name
Tom Middleton
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a few taken with my new baby, the 100-400L. Don't hold back with your comments/criticism.

Click for large and original size.

Last edited:
I like 1 & 4, all are really sharp, you might want to resize these to 800mp on the longest side before a mod makes them links !

Thanks for your comments guys. Sorry about the size issue, uploading them to flickr atm. I get where you’re coming from with there being a tad bit boring from a photographic point of view. Just I thought it’s a lovely day and had my new 100-400L sitting around. I may go to the odd air show, with the RAF so thought I would do dry run.

I am having some problems using flickr to host my photos. They all seem to come out small. Could someone shows how to get the link like you do in photobucket.

Many Thanks

All you need to do is click on the ' all sizes' tag above your photo, select the mediuim size, and copy the link into the insert picture bar on the forum..job done :)

( i also struggled with this on flickr at first!)

Thanks for your help, all working now.

BTW: If you want to link to the bigger versions then having grabbed the image itself, flick back to the flickr page, copy the address from the address bar, flick back to TP, highlight the image tag (i.e. from "
"), then click the hyperlink button, and paste in the URL - this will then link back to your original image page on flickr, as per their guidelines, which will allow people to see all sizes of the image [including the pixel-peeping version!])

You'll end up with text of the form:
[ URL="http://www.flickr.com/???" ][ IMG ]http://farm?.static.flickr.com/<blah>.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[except without the spaces in the IMG and URL boxes!]

HTH!

BTW: If you want to link to the bigger versions then having grabbed the image itself, flick back to the flickr page, copy the address from the address bar, flick back to TP, highlight the image tag (i.e. from "
"), then click the hyperlink button, and paste in the URL - this will then link back to your original image page on flickr, as per their guidelines, which will allow people to see all sizes of the image [including the pixel-peeping version!])

You'll end up with text of the form:

[except without the spaces in the IMG and URL boxes!]

HTH!

Thanks for the tip mate. Just working on doing that now. I have also used your idea for the "flickr" logo to link to my flickr. Hope you don't mind.

Look really crisp and as said more for the spotters. From a photographers point of view I prefer to catch them hitting the tarmac you can get some great shots from landings. Good to see you like your new toy (y)

Thanks for the tip mate. Just working on doing that now. I have also used your idea for the "flickr" logo to link to my flickr. Hope you don't mind.

:LOL: I'd be a bit hypocritical if I did - I'm pretty sure I nicked the idea of someone else, and I wasn't so polite as to ask their permission (y)

Glad to help!

Hi Tom,
Imho these are very well taken,crisp and sharp,and good accurate colours,but lack any vaa vaaa voom,and look samey and boring.
I would prefer to see more happening and more background,maybe landing and taking off ,buildings ,runway etc.
Pons

Thank you for your feedback guys. I guess these pictures are like &#8220;frozen&#8221; motorsports shots. Cars with static wheels and no sense of motion. The Canon EF100-400L can't be to far off being the ultimate aircraft/air show lens, it really is fantastic.

Last edited:
Back