Eastbourne Pier - Low Tide Sunrise

Name
Steve Gordon
Edit My Images
No
I have finally gotten around to processing one of my shots from a recent early morning visit to Eastbourne Pier. I was eager to get out as the tide tables showed a very low tide and I was rewarded with some great angles to work with.

Cheers,
Steve

PSG0902A1-0008Fcopy.jpg

love the way the red/orange casts across (y)

Very nice.

I just tried to wipe the dot in the water on the extreme right off of my screen :)

Fine as it is, but I might have taken a bit off the right to lose the part building and added it to the right to give a bit more open sea.

If I ever visited Eastbourne, I'd buy a postcard of that and send it to my mum! :)

Fine as it is, but I might have taken a bit off the right to lose the part building and added it to the right to give a bit more open sea.

I was rushing a bit as I had to get off for work. I wish I'd played with a couple of other comps, your suggestion included. A bit more on the right would have been nice, at the same time I didn't want to loose the lead in from the rocks on the left.

I also wish I'd popped on the 50mm for a quick pano version using multiple images. More detail for larger printing would have been nice. I'll have to keep an eye on the tides and try for this again next time.

Back