Eastbourne Speed days 2008

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I've just discovered this site, although I wasn't really aware that I was looking for a photography forum, thanks to a question from nib1980 and recommendation from andybod

I thought I'd quickly introduce myself and share a couple of photos to get going.

These shots are from a competition held recently in Eastbourne and as I'm not on the computer I keep my photographs on I've only got a couple to hand.

100_2619ax.JPG

100_2644bx.JPG

100_2648ax.JPG

Ravingfool

Thats a lot of safety gear for skateboards, i like one and three but the composition in 2 with the half rider doesn't work for me.

Welcome aboard!, this looks an interesting sport :),
#1, love the framing but lacks a little punch (try USM in photoshop),
#2, good action but a tighter framing would have been betterm ie IMO
http://
#3, this is the pick for me, but, it looks like you've focused on the 2nd skater! you could have set a deeper DOF as you where only shooting at 80 ISO?, upping the ISO would have given you the speed to decrease the Apature setting!look forward to more samples(y). Kind regards Graham.

Thanks for the comments, I'm not at a point where I'm very technical with my photo taking, I'm just playing with settings still and learning what the differences are. I'll try and your suggestions next time so thankyou.

With regards the composition in #2 I really didn't know what to do, they fly past very quickly and it's hard to get ANYTHING in the frame! (they're topping out at 60 on the straights and still doing 40 through this corner) Unfortunately I just missed getting the two both clearly in the frame, and when I crop the second guy out I'm unhappy with getting his shadow still in the frame. I suppose I should crop him out and photoshop his shadow out.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions.

Back