Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
2012_MF001_07.jpg

Film: Fuji Acros 100 @ISO 100
Camera: Mamiya C330f with 80mm lens
Developer: Diafine (4+4 mins)

Different and quite subtle(y)

Is that at Fenchurch Street and Tower Hill station areas??

Very striking monochrome, it has a vintage feel, I like the strong contrasting the sharp B&W Tones. Works for me. And yes the title is apt! The look and eye contact from the girl in the foreground give it a hint of Meyerowitz and Gilden.

Last edited:
Different and quite subtle(y)

Is that at Fenchurch Street and Tower Hill station areas??

I'm not really sure, Brash :shrug:. That's Tower Bridge in the background, so it must be in that region somewhere.

Very striking monochrome, it has a vintage feel, I like the strong contrasting the sharp B&W Tones. Works for me. And yes the title is apt! The look and eye contact from the girl in the foreground give it a hint of Meyerowitz and Gilden.

Glad you like it, Adrian (y)!

I was looking, on that day, for scenes with high contrast lighting and added further to the effect by using a red filter on the lens.

The title is actually constructed from the only three words, which are visible in the photo, but could also be construed as a command to the slim girl in the foreground ;).

I'm not yet sure who 'M&G' are, but I'm off to Google it now :D.

All the best,
Andy

Excellent shot Andy. I'm being drawn inexorably toward a Mamiya TLR.....help.

Andy

i like this one Andy, plenty going on and i kept seeing new things after looking at it for afew minutes. i think my favourite being the haunting look on the woman's face on the left hand side. very nice :)

Wow, there's a huge amount to like in that pic... but the contrast is way too high for me, it almost hurts the eye! Sorry. Composition is brilliant though.

Excellent shot Andy. I'm being drawn inexorably toward a Mamiya TLR.....help.

Andy

Give in Andy, give in ;) ....

Wow, there's a huge amount to like in that pic... but the contrast is way too high for me, it almost hurts the eye! Sorry. Composition is brilliant though.

It's very dependant on how the monitor you're viewing is calibrated, as I discovered when viewing this picture at work and on another laptop :|. My lappie is calibrated in a way that gives me access to the detail in the shadows, whereas I don't see that on other monitors :shrug:.

Here's a lighter version, which on most monitors, will probably appear much like the original version looks on my laptop ...

Scan422.jpg

In this one, you can probably see the words "FOOD" and "EAT" on the left and maybe even the word "more" on the right hand side :shrug: - this is where the title came from ;).

Luckily, next weekend I'm upgrading to a Macbook (with retina display :D), so my monitor calibration issues are soon to be over (I hope).

Ah, I can now see FOOD and EAT and... m? The lighter one is certainly easier to see, but it's lost the drama, especially the distant tower which rather fades. Of the two, I think I'd say "Ow, but I prefer the first!". Sorry to be a haverer!

Back