ebay feedback changes

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Don't know how many of you have noticed the changes to ebay's feedback system that came into effect over the past couple of days. I only noticed because my feedback jumped from 596 (100% :D) to 659 (still 100%) overnight!

The most significant changes seem to be as follows:

Multiple feedback can now be left from the same user (previously if you were left feedback for multiple transactions from the same user it would only count once).

The percentage of positive feedback is now only calculated over the most recent 12 months so negs over a year old won't affect your percentage score... expect to see a lot more 100% positive rated users now!

Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers!

Good changes or bad... I'm not sure :thinking:

Flashy

...plus if someone leaves a neutral, it counts as a neg, and will take your feedback score down from 100%.

You will see a lot of buyers leaving negs for sellers now, just because they can.

Good and bad imo. Sellers can no longer leave revenge -ve feedback just because you did for their poor service but buyers can now mess sellers around, ask for the moon and leave -ve feedback for no good reason without fear.

I think it would of been better if sellers had to leave feedback first before buyers could.

I think it would of been better if sellers had to leave feedback first before buyers could.

:agree:

I could never understand why I had to leave feedback before a seller left theirs , after all they already had my money :shrug:

the new ebay system seems poor, but time will tell...

Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers!

That's a load of ********.

Sellers could always leave feedback before the item arrived with the buyer. It was a case of waiting to see what the buyer said, in my experience.

Back