Ecommerce software/webstore building....

Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone got recommendations/experience for a decent ecommerce setup? It needs to be something that can work seamlessly with Paypal....

I think cartstore is one of the better looking of the free ecommerce carts. Zencart and OsCommerce have a very identifiable look

However, not all hosts can run it. Takes Paypal. Free version available.

I think digitaldepot's site uses it as well.

I should have said, it doesn't have to be free. I had a webstore a few years back that was one of those all-in hosted packages. It was really good and worked perfectly with Paypal, I just can't remember which one it was....

I was looking myself a few weeks ago. I liked the look of cartstore best of all the free ones, but it wouldn't work with my webhost or another I use. Shame.

There is a cart called ubercart which links with Drupal (live version used at www.toytuning.com)

Also a cart which links with Joomla, virtuemart.

oscommerce
zencart

wordpress has an e-commerce plugin that works well, I use it on my site just incase but its not been used yet (bar testing from my side to esnure it works)

Zencart would get my vote - Lots easier to customise than oscommerce.

Or, magento is meant to be good, although I've not used that one myself

Several to try at http://php.opensourcecms.com/

Whitey - which ecommerce wordpress plug in was it? I looked at a couple and didn't think much of the ones I found.

Back