EDINBURGH AIRPORT BY NIGHT

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Evening Ladies and Gentleman,

Well I picked up a new body last weekend as part of Nikon's now finished offer. I also made first use of my new Manfrotto tripod and I have to say, despite baring the brunt of a few harsh comments from ramp tramps and posties it was some good experience.

Anyway, I would love to know what you think of the images themselves and any improvements which you may think could assist future night shift shoots?

(D300s and 24-120VR on MANFROTTO 190XPROB + 804RC2 Head)

night03-1.jpg

night07-1.jpg

night06-1.jpg

night05-1.jpg

night02-1.jpg

night04-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and appreciate your time in any c+c.....

Have a good weekend!

Andy

Last edited:
Very nice Andy , love the Ben Air Shed shot works really well , My new toy will be here max 2 weeks ! so will join you next time (y)

Nice set mate. Not sure how you could improve them. Nice tripod eh! Just got one myself and am very pleased with it.
Your shots look nice and clear (I am used to shooting with high ISO at the moment due to travelling and shooting hand held with high ISO, so it is nice to see your shots without lots of grain!)

Hi, nice shots, well exposed, & sharp, especially no.3, Jet2, G-LP, I flew that into there about a week ago from EMA (called out from a standby), not my normal duty :)
good to see the snows gone now

Hi Shar, great shots. Obviously you must be an employee at the airport to get such shots. Anywhere Joe Public can get as close to the action?

I like all of these,they are excellent,how did you get permission to take them & where exactly were you standing.:)(y)

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.1 No.3 No.4 No.5 And No.6 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Morning guys,

Thank you for the comments. I do work at the Airport and therefore have an 'Airside' pass which allows me access to most of the 'inner wire' airport. I would imagine that similar is possible around the cargo area from the outside however im not sure the line of sight for most area is going to be there for too long with a new royal mail building being constructed at present time.

Kevin, Good to hear we have some Aircrew on here. That of course explains your bias!!! Are you in Edinburgh often?

Scott, Looking forward to it.

Glenn, It was frickin freezing

and Kiwi, It is an awesome piece of kit. Used it again last night on the bridges. (y)

Thanks again guys. Enjoy your Sunday!

Andy

I really love aeroplanes and those are fantastic!!! how can you actually get up so close?? those are amazing!

Good set. No complaints here. Although some might nitpick No 3 & 4 wingtips being clipped. But sometimes, if it's not an oversight, there's no choice.

Images are great, but nit picking I would of liked to have seen all of the wings in the image, but as stated above this isn't always possible and can sometimes make the proportions of the plane can be distorted, etc.

But cracking images.

crikey these images are all fantastic

Hi Andy, no I don't fly into EDI very often, only occasionally, next time I due to come up if I get chance I'll pm you, maybe you could come & say hello, check out my gallery, there's a couple of aerial shots, this one may interest you, the approach into Chambery
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11000&ppuser=1775
There's probably quite a few aircrew on TP, at least two of my friends I fly with are members :)

Hi Andy, no I don't fly into EDI very often, only occasionally, next time I due to come up if I get chance I'll pm you, maybe you could come & say hello, check out my gallery, there's a couple of aerial shots, this one may interest you, the approach into Chambery
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11000&ppuser=1775
There's probably quite a few aircrew on TP, at least two of my friends I fly with are members :)

Just like to say how utterly jealous I am... Left hand seat of a 737 would be heaven for me. Well done on your success.

And nice images, love seeing ones of planes on the ground, makes a change from what I can get myself, and most you see on the net. Although the shorts still isn't on my list of pleasing to the eye craft...

Last edited:
Great shots - especially like no. 2 as it reminds me of one of those 1950's advertisements with the girl in front of the plane. Think it's the angle and the bulbous nose that does it!

Just like to say how utterly jealous I am... Left hand seat of a 737 would be heaven for me. Well done on your success.

And nice images, love seeing ones of planes on the ground, makes a change from what I can get myself, and most you see on the net. Although the shorts still isn't on my list of pleasing to the eye craft...

Hi David, yes it's a great job, I sense you feel like I did about flying when I was a student, you never know where you might end up, I did my degree in Mechanical Engineering, then changed career later on to my dream ambition.
Good luck :)

Can you get me in shar.:D:p:)(y)

Great images. The last one of the Shorts flying transit brings back some awful memories of time spent working on them. lol.

Hi David, yes it's a great job, I sense you feel like I did about flying when I was a student, you never know where you might end up, I did my degree in Mechanical Engineering, then changed career later on to my dream ambition.
Good luck :)

It's an ambition I would one day love to live out and excel in. Hopefully the winds will take me the right way, so to speak. And thank you for the kind words, Kevin. Fly safe.

Thank you so much for the feedback guys...Really appreciate it.

Wisemen, Your comment made me laugh! I think there maybe three in the UK flying still. They never pose any tech issues when with us. Thankfully!

Jocwav, at the cost of losing your street-cred??? lol lol

Thanks again guys.

Andy

Back