edwardo injury

Ashers

Suspended / Banned
Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
did anyone see it it looked the most painful thing ive ever seen, i mean i hate arsenal and i hate the players and i loathe the manager and hate the city, but i couldnt help but feel sorry for it it looked like it had snapped his foot clear off, ive never seen broken bones before.... so you think it was on purpose or by accident, after seeing the replays?

don't think there was intent... but really horrible thing to see:shake: Got to wonder if he'll ever play football again

it made me feel sick, i thought at first it was on purpose but seeing the reply i think it was just a really poor tackle, and it looked like it was clear off. if he cant play again, i bet he sits his coaching badge, injured players seem to do that, and he wont be short on cash or a pundit

I very much doubt that any amount of cash or future career elsewhere will be able to make up for him losing out on the career that he's probably always dreamt of and loved though. A nasty injury - only time will tell whether he'll be able to recover enough from it to return to the pitch.

Looked pretty nasty. Not the worst I've seen (that would be either Graham Le Saux's ankle, Henrik Larsson's leg, or a Danish defender years back whose knee cap moved upwards after a tackle :puke:). Eduardo has youth on his side, I think, and the lower down the leg the injury, the better.

im a gooner myself and it was a shocking injury but they have already operated they dont think he will return for a long time. i feel the player panicked and done a stupid tackle and he should know better then to go in studs up. There is talk about the player getting a lifetime ban if its proved he used intent but i cant see that happening. i think it was just a shocking accident he will bounce back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHufZEaFe0 <<<< this is a bit shocking be warned please guys

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4h5qn_eduardo-photo-and-video-of-tackle-a_sport

i dont think he shud be banned because it wasnt done on purpose but i do think he should be forced to have tackling lessons or some such thing as that was down to the training

The doctors are saying his chances of a full recovery are very high and the club expect him to be playing again before the end of the year. It was one of the worst injuries I've ever seen; perhaps the Henrik Larson injury was worse and look what happened to him... came back better than he ever was and won himself moves to Barcelona and Manchester United. Edwardo is one of the best finishers in the game and I've no doubt he'll be back showing us all how it's done.

The player who made the tackle is known in the game as being a level headed player who would not deliberately do something like that. I tend to go along with that. He looked pretty traumatized too when he went off the pitch.

I once broke my ear in a similar tackle - I was out of the game for a long time and dashed any hope I had of going pro.

I didnt think Arsenal was a city?? i can see the ground from my house.. but i live in London!! :thinking:

I HATE football fans... I HATE football too... thats not true.. i just dont really like it.. i cant see how a GAME can make people say things like "i HATE the players" and "i HATE the fans"... its the Hooligan attitude that will never die so that normal people can just enjoy what is really quite a good game.. (Its not for me though)..i dont know why it attracts that sort of people.. when you look at and compare to Rugby, it dont add up!! Rugby is a bloody, painfull, hard sport.. but the players and the fans are civilised and intelligent!! im guessing that football is for guys that THINK they are hard but arnt.. and Rugby is for HARD guys that have nothing to prove... :shrug:

Ok, think worms can opened i a iv of... not necessarily in that order... (y)

Rofl..

Ooops!! :muted:

im guessing that football is for guys that THINK they are hard but arnt.. and Rugby is for HARD guys that have nothing to prove... :shrug:

The most common saying I know is that "football is a game for gentlemen, played by hooligans, and rugby is a game for hooligans, played by gentlemen". I'm with you all the way on this one ... rugby is a vicious, vicious game, but although there are a few squabbles on the pitch sometimes, there seems to be none of the pettiness with which football seems so rife on occasions.

I dont like london, not because I dont like the football teams.... Ive never liked it so that not liking a place *** of their team doesnt really apply to me.

The most common saying I know is that "football is a game for gentlemen, played by hooligans, and rugby is a game for hooligans, played by gentlemen". I'm with you all the way on this one ... rugby is a vicious, vicious game, but although there are a few squabbles on the pitch sometimes, there seems to be none of the pettiness with which football seems so rife on occasions.

Really? that explains why some **** stamped on my back, dislocating my hip, and giving me permanent back problems. And stopped me playing rugby at quite a high level......

There is far more skill involved in football, and the stamina required to play the modern game is ridiculous, a hard working midfield player runs around 8-10 Km during a 90 minute game.

Eduardo had just started coming on really well, his finishing was world class. The problem is that players of his skill level move their feet so quickly that "old fashioned" tackling can (and in this case did) lead to a very nasty injury.

Steve

I dont like london, not because I dont like the football teams.... Ive never liked it so that not liking a place *** of their team doesnt really apply to me.

Sorry, im not quite sure what that meant?? Your op seemed to imply you didnt like London because of "their team" (Which one?) thats all..

I agree with the sentiment, although id say that Football was a game for hooligans and played by grossly over payed chav's..:LOL:

Really? that explains why some **** stamped on my back, dislocating my hip, and giving me permanent back problems. And stopped me playing rugby at quite a high level......

There is far more skill involved in football, and the stamina required to play the modern game is ridiculous, a hard working midfield player runs around 8-10 Km during a 90 minute game.

Eduardo had just started coming on really well, his finishing was world class. The problem is that players of his skill level move their feet so quickly that "old fashioned" tackling can (and in this case did) lead to a very nasty injury.

Steve

Its a shame that happened to you, the trouble is that s**t happends all the time.. but in general Rugby does'nt have the Hooligan element in the way football has.. even the NON hooligans say things like the op said.. its ingrained into themm.. i dont know why.. i live next to Arsenal, and the pubs are crawling with yobs!! most of my mates are the said yobs so i know what im talking about!! lol.. i dont entertain it.. i loved playing it though.. i just dont like what its become.. one of the most expensive afternoons you can have!! just to pay the CRAZY wages of the players...

Anyway, im no expert on anything iv spoken of.. :LOL: i just have an opinion... (y)

no i went to london once and vowed never to return, its vice versa fraggle, i dont hate london *** of the football teams i hate the football teams *** they are from london...

no i went to london once and vowed never to return, its vice versa fraggle, i dont hate london *** of the football teams i hate the football teams *** they are from london...

Well I went to Blackpool once too, just like Margate on steroids. :razz:

Steve

Back