EF 500 ST DG

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks

I am starting to find that a lack of dedicated flash unit in my kit to be annoying, pictures come out harsh with the built in flash and the option to bounce the flash onto my subjects would be useful.

I am looking at the EF 500 ST DG, i know there is a more expensive option which allows slave flashes (the super) and it has a manual option, but i don't know if I really need this at the moment.

Has anyone got or has used this flash? I will be using it for portraits or event photography and basically I'm just after knowing if it will do the job.

It has a good review in the mag that i buy and I'm just wondering whether to bite the bullet and buy it.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? :shrug:

I have this flash, only had my camera for 6-7 weeks, and it does make a big difference to your pictures. I use mine mainly for club stuff, so a flashgun is essential.
What do you use your camera for?

Look at Metz flashes too they're very good.

Thanks for the input, too answer CC's question, I like to try a bit of everything. I have been asked to do a small music gig for charity at the weekend, it's an outdoor affair but with the weather being like it is, I think flash will be essential and the built in just wont cut it.

I will take a look at Metz to see what they do.

Went ahead and ordered the ST DG and a light reflector. It has arrived this morning! :woot:

I have to say it looks good, i'll try to take some photos with it this evening and post the results for anyone who is thinking about buying one. :)

Back