Egret & Tern Hunting (arty) + setup!

Edit My Images
Yes
Somehow I managed to get myself up at 5 on Tuesday and got down to the beach as I was promised sun by the weather man. But of course it was overcast :bonk: This gave some nice soft light but forced me to backlit everything which I think worked out well. C&C appreciated :)

IMG_7255cm-1.jpg

IMG_7464cm-1.jpg

IMG_7466cm.jpg

IMG_7422cm-1.jpg

IMG_7417cm-1.jpg

Images taken handheld or with homemade frisbee ground tripod thing.

Last edited:
Nice shots there.(y)
The frisbee tripod sounds interesting. Do you have any pics of it? :D

First of all congrats on getting up at 5 :)

Well worth it for the shots (y)

They are all beautifull shots but the foreground in 1, 4 and 5 distracts a touch might be worth seeing what the shots look like with a little cropped off the bottom (realise thats not possible with the last).

Still great shots though............i`d be chuffed with them.

Thanks Mark, I wanted to show a bit of environment so left it, going to experiment with some panoramic crops though.

Here are some images of my usual "beach setup", it is basically an old tripod head bolted onto a frisbee. This enables me to stalk various unlucky birds without having to lift a tripod as it can slide across the sand.

IMG_7760.jpg

IMG_7765-1.jpg

IMG_7763.jpg

looks like a great idea Liam. Some bought solutions for this are about £50!

May have to hunt out a frisbee - wonder if it will support a 500?

Oh, and the low viewpoint images work really well. Nothing like getting down and dirty for your art.

Thanks.

looks like a great idea Liam. Some bought solutions for this are about £50!

May have to hunt out a frisbee - wonder if it will support a 500?

Oh, and the low viewpoint images work really well. Nothing like getting down and dirty for your art.

I know someone used a frying pan, which would easily hold a 500mm, my mkII will probably use a pan as it is a bit unstable in the wind.

very nice liam - lovely pastel tones but do like that pov.

Lovely set - I especially like the last 2. The muted pastel tones really add to the shot imo. Well worth the early start!

Those are lovely shots, especially #5. That frisbee is a cracking idea!

Back