Egret

Edit My Images
Yes
I dont really do a great deal of birding but i had my first outing with my new lens and caught this on a fly by

Heron.jpg

If its not a Heron feel free to let me know what it is!

Last edited:
Not an overly 'birdy' person but a egret I think ?

Thanks for the reply i'll amend the title now. Did think it was an odd colour.

Deffo not a Heron, as said above,possibly an egret.But i`m no expert on bird ID`s.

thanks for all the replys!

im going to start doing a bit more birding now ive got a longish lens. Need to read up on them a bit more so i know what im taking pics of.

The weather was rubbish today, really bad light and not the best of shots.

thanks for all the replys!

im going to start doing a bit more birding now ive got a longish lens. Need to read up on them a bit more so i know what im taking pics of.

The weather was rubbish today, really bad light and not the best of shots.

Something I'd like to do more of once I get the right lens so it will be great to see how you get on.(y)

Great capture Euan as it was unexpected (y) Looks like the lens is working then :D Hope it is ok but just did a quick adjust to make the bird stand out a bit more.

Heron_fil.jpg

Thanks for the comments, what exactly did you do to tweak the picture like that? My PP skills are not the best.

I was quite chuffed to get the shot, i think im going to enjoy the bird photography!

Thanks for the comments, what exactly did you do to tweak the picture like that? My PP skills are not the best.

I was quite chuffed to get the shot, i think im going to enjoy the bird photography!

A small amount of exposure, adjusted levels > curves and a little brightness and contrast.
And hopefully Euan you will enjoy bird photography :)

Last edited:
Thanks it makes quite a difference to it (y)

Thanks it makes quite a difference to it (y)

Well if its worth trying to save I make the effort, but in saying that I look at a few of mine and think bin it :LOL: There is always the next time :naughty:

Well caught, and considering you don't do a lot of birding, it's an excellent bird to photograph (y)

Back