Egypt Sunset

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
First post here.

Taken from the balcony of the hotel in Luxor last month.

FeluccaSunsetS.jpg

Hi and welcome to TP(y)

I like picture, the shadow from the sailing boat is superb! I think it may be a bit to central in the picture tho', my eye is drawn to the centre of the picture and there's nothing to the sides to draw my attention and get me thinking about what might be happening.
I'm no expert and wouldn't want to disuade you from posting again it's just my 2p's worth. It's certainly much better than anything I've taken.

look forward to seeing more:)

:agree: its just too sharp

Hi and welcome to TP(y)

I like picture, the shadow from the sailing boat is superb! I think it may be a bit to central in the picture tho', my eye is drawn to the centre of the picture and there's nothing to the sides to draw my attention and get me thinking about what might be happening.
I'm no expert and wouldn't want to disuade you from posting again it's just my 2p's worth. It's certainly much better than anything I've taken.

look forward to seeing more:)

Thanks, I tried different crops, this is just about the pic I took.

i like it but the shadow looks fake to me...

Nope, it's real.

:agree: its just too sharp

Sharpened a little.

Nope, it's real.

i know it was real (otherwise you'd have posted that it'd been shopped) just to me. its so perfect that it looks almost manipulated, its lovely though, id love to go to egypt and take the "night boat to cairo" but for me the picture is lovely,
can we have some more exif data please :)

great pic. my only critisism would be that you havent captured the top of the falucca's sail other than in the shadow. that detail is lost to the background. cant decide if a crop where the boat was off centre would work better or not.

I agree, it would have been nice to get the top of the sail in as well. I've tried different crops and still like the full picture.

Nikon D80 28-135mm, f18, 1/125, iso100. Exp -1 and WB set to daylight PP. (is that ok)

Back