Elements 2022

Name
Frank
Edit My Images
Yes
Getting the itch to start taking more photos after a break of 15+ yrs ago I was looking around at editing software, full blown photoshop is out of my reach now (last PS I had was Photoshop 5 I think yonks ago) anyways, I've just had a look at Elements 2022 demo on Adobe's site and I'm very impressed so far with it .

Is it as easy as it looks?

Basically, yes, although it can get fairly complicated if you want it to! Elements isn't as powerful as the full Photoshop but it does do pretty much everything that most amateurs want/need it do and for a fraction f the cost of the full blown PS.

I’ve been using Elements 15 for years, and find it pretty good. Have never needed more, and I used to have CS3 back in my PC days.

The main (?) downside of Elements is that it can only do quite basic editing with 16-bit images, e.g. no layers. There used to be a workaround/shortcut but I’ve forgotten what it is.

Opening a 16-bit image and then changing to 8-bit opens up the whole shooting match.

I took the Plunge yesterday and bought elements 22. I did have a version {bought} can't remember which donkeys years ago and gave it to my nephew after I sold my pc & monitor.

The new elements 22 I'm happy with and work fine on my laptop, the new features and in expert mode it looks pretty much like the old version.

I have elements 2020 (not for sale) and several previous versions as well. I would sell them but I don't know if Adobe would reactivate them under new ownership. that would be the buyers risk and need a CD/DVD disk drive as well

Elements does everything I need with editing photos, link https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-premiere-elements.html
When I asked Adobe about deactivating my copy of elements 9, as the option was greyed out on the program, they told me that I did not have to. It was so old that they did not worry about it anymore.

Getting the itch to start taking more photos after a break of 15+ yrs ago I was looking around at editing software, full blown photoshop is out of my reach now (last PS I had was Photoshop 5 I think yonks ago) anyways, I've just had a look at Elements 2022 demo on Adobe's site and I'm very impressed so far with it .

Is it as easy as it looks?
There are alternatives to Elements, particularly Affinity Photo from Serif, which is extremely powerful (in some ways better than PS, I have heard), and probably cheaper too. I bought mine some years ago on one of their regular half price sales, for £25 ISTR. Have had at least one upgrade since then, for nowt!

There are alternatives to Elements, particularly Affinity Photo from Serif, which is extremely powerful (in some ways better than PS, I have heard), and probably cheaper too. I bought mine some years ago on one of their regular half price sales, for £25 ISTR. Have had at least one upgrade since then, for nowt!

yes I agree about Affinity it’s excellent I moved over to affinity photo from photoshop and for some things it’s better
the OP has now bought elements though :)

Back