Elements 6 - Book/tutorial recommendations

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi peeps!

I have recently got me a copy of elements 6, but my PP skills are shady to say the least!

I was wondering what people are reccomending literature wise as reference/tutorial material for elements. I am looking to understand the tools, what they do, when to apply them etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob

Hi,
Same as you , went into Waterstones last sat , there were 2/3 books for E6 , I chose " Photoshop Elements 6 in easy steps " by nick vandome.
Simple english , coloured illustrations and £10.99 , 192 pages.
There were others this was laid out like a childs book so it"ll do me.

cheers pal, There is a waterstones in East Grinstead, I'll give em a call.

I've just pre-ordered Elements 7 off of Amazon and this book to go with it...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596521332

Hopefully it will point me in the right direction???
:(:(:(

i'm looking at the elements 6 version too. will be interesting to see what you make of both the book and 7 Smiffy. Have you got/used 6?

I ended up getting a second hand copy of six, to see how a get on with a view to upgrading to 7 later if it seems worth it.

i'm looking at the elements 6 version too. will be interesting to see what you make of both the book and 7 Smiffy. Have you got/used 6?

Only played around with the free 30 day trial Rob.
I was going to buy the full version of 6, but on the basis that 7 was imminent and had a couple of extra features decided to go the whole hog.
My PP skills amount to cropping, fixing red-eye and resizing so I am hoping that the book, in conjunction with the software, will give me a good understanding.
Not going to get into it too heavily, but I think Elements will cover everything I am likely to want to do.
Will keep you posted.
Rob

Rob, I have a copy of THIS book by Scott Kelby which is an excellent guide.

It's written in such a way that you can either start at the beginning and work your way through, or simply reference what you are trying to do from the index and look up that specific topic.

Well worth an investment.

Back