Element's

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
In my course yesterday we were studying 'the elements' as in form, shape, lines, textures...

We then got let loose on some objects and got to take some shots with light boxes and other lights, I don't think the lighting was particularly great and I think next time i'll take a grey card to ensure a correct WB.

Anywho, here are a few shots I took, I'd love to know what you think of them, as time was limited I was trying to get a correct exposure and should of concentrated more on composition, so a few have been cropped and minor PP.

IMG_9784.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_9834.jpg

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9861.jpg

With no. 6 I was trying to get the right side of them lit with the flash and the other side darker with harsh shadows, but I could quite get it, the background was being lit too much and the objects were getting blown out. Not sure how to do it so any help is much appreciated!

Regards

You can sort the BG in two ways. Either move the subject further away from the BG so that the flash doesn't spill onto it or tape a piece of black card to the side of the flash to control its direction.

Once you've sort the flash out just expose for the part of the model you want to light and you shouldn't be far off.
HTH

Back