Elvington Victor - Night Photo Shoot

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Taken at the weekend, didn't realise that they were going to be running it down the runway the following day, not that I could really have gone to Yorkshire for two consecutive days though!

4022683510_3e7a412c41_o.jpg

Taken just went there was still just a hint of colour in the sky :)

4022683208_455562472a_o.jpg

Taking pictures of people on long exposures is difficult, verging on impossible, so I ditched the tripod and shot handheld at ISO6400, F4.5, 1/50 of a second, using a VR lens. It's noisy if you zoom in close, but not bad at this size.

Like both of those but much prefer the second one personally.

I wonder what it would look like though with the undercarriage on the left cloned out. It may or may not work with this gone but it looks a little awkward and stands out a touch with everthing else on that side in total darkness....:thinking:

Yes, I couldn't quite get the composition I wanted with all the other aircraft in the background, might be able to clean it up with some cropping and cloning.

I did get this one though, same position as the other but zoomed in.

4021923175_c4d284276e_o.jpg

All photos with a Nikon D700. I don't use 6400 that often, but it's nice to have and quite useable, and one of the reasons that I got it instead of a D300!

No2 is superb, excellent composition, did you set it up?

I went on the sunday to see the Thunder run down the runway... must say though I went to the March Night shoot and they seemed to have the lighting sorted out a lot better for us - than they did for you guys on saturday

seen a number of images from saturday night and dont think they are as good as the March night

all due to the fcat that the lights were set up far better than what appears to be for you guys which is a shame for you guys who coughed up the 'dough'

Mine from March are here if you want to see how the lighting was better IMHO

http://www.chrisprocter.com/Aviation-2009/Elvington-Night-Shoot-March/7685120_a4LDc#P-1-15

my 2p
Chris

Back