Email clients

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems quite a few people use firefox for their browser so I wondered how many use 3rd party email clients. My trial for MS office ran out last week so I can't use outlook anymore. This meant reverting to outlook express which is aweful compared to outlook. So I thought, FF is great, prehaps thunderbird is too but it's not. It's painfully slow at opening message in the veiwing pane and at acrrying out tasks like deleting and marking as spam. Sometimes my impatient mouse trigger finger gets the better of me and efore I know it I've deleted a handful of messages instead of one. Does anyone else use thunderbird and know of some fixes for this problem or are there better 3rd party apps out there?

Kev

I use Thunderbird all the time and I've not had any issue with speed, most of my friends use it too and none of them have complained about speed issues either, are you using the latest version ? I'm using 1.5.0.8.

P.S. Just had a thought what Themes are you using, could it be one of those that's slows it down ?

Thunderbird user here too, and I've never had a problem with it.

I use the ISP web site and let them keep all my email so it's never on 1 machine and have the convenience of being able to reply to any mail regardless of my location.

Carl.

Thunderbird - agree that a lot of themes/extensions will slow it down (have removed many from FF for same reason)

It's straight out of the box, I've not added anything to it or changed any themes. Just seems to be a really slow operating programme compared to the MS stuff I've been using.

I use thunderbird and evolution both using IMAP and have no problems with speed unless its a bloody piccy filled mail from an e-tailer or similar.

Never had a problem Thunderbird either. I use Mail on OSX though.

Just use Outlook here, dabbled with Thunderbird (seemed fine, but never had any problems with Outlook so never moved over), also use Lotus Notes on the work laptop, which is as much a non-event as the other clients I use.

Back