Answered Emailed Notifications of new replies no longer contain any part of the reply's content

RedRobin

Dances With Dogs
Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Emailed notifications of a new Reply in a Watched thread used to include part of, if not all of, that Reply. This is no longer the case and has taken away the benefit of deciding if a thread is worthwhile revisiting immediately or later or even if at all.

It also removes the benefit of thinking about how to reply before spontaneously winging it on the keyboard.

Anyroadup, is this a conscious decision to change or is it a bug please?

Emailed notifications of replies to private conversations do still include the content.

Last edited:
Robin, we are investigating this but there has been no conscious change to anything which ties into your observation.

Yep. I've got the same thing. Body of message is missing out of email. You have the title and who replied but not what they actually said in that reply. Just a button to view the thread.

Happening in both thunderbird and iOS Mail.

Yep. I've got the same thing. Body of message is missing out of email. You have the title and who replied but not what they actually said in that reply. Just a button to view the thread.

Happening in both thunderbird and iOS Mail.
.... Good to know I'm not the only one and it's not down to my individual system - Thanks Suz! :)

I'm on a Mac mini running macOS 10.14.6 and Apple's Mail app.

Guy's,
For now it might be worth checking your Preferences and not just the Account Details page.
It seems that some settings have been changed automatically, during the last update.

This won't change the "missing details" but its possible they were also lost in the last update.
We are still looking into this part.

Guy's,
For now it might be worth checking your Preferences and not just the Account Details page.
It seems that some settings have been changed automatically, during the last update.

This won't change the "missing details" but its possible they were also lost in the last update.
We are still looking into this part.
.... I have checked both my Preferences and Account Details and all are as they have been and should be. The only Preference Notification/Alert I just revised and Saved is to now be no longer notified to visit a thread for a 'catch-up' when I haven't visited it for a long time < Such 'reminders' are mildly irritating and waste my time.

My preferences are all as they should be. I'm assuming it's a XenForo setting issue and there's probably a tick box for thread content to be included on alert emails that hasn't been ticked.

My preferences are all as they should be.
I just mentioned it, as a heads up, because while I was having a mooch about, I noticed
some of mine had changed, as had a couple of other peoples apparently

Back