Embleton Beach

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
First post on here which is from a recent trip to Northumberland on the East coast of England.
Shot from Embleton Beach with Lilburn Tower in the BG which is part of Dunstanburgh Castle.

C&C welcome

Dunstanburgh_Castle_4.jpg

This is definitely a popular spot with landscapers, nicely done & great lighting

I visited Northumberland a few years ago, unfortunately before I started in photography, must revisit

simon

This is definitely a popular spot with landscapers, nicely done & great lighting

I visited Northumberland a few years ago, unfortunately before I started in photography, must revisit

simon

It's certainly a great place to visit Simon, I try to get there every year as I like so much.

:clap::plus1:Welcome to the forum. That is a really beautiful photo, I can't offer criticism as I can't find anything at all to criticise.

Much appreciated hwg, and thanks for looking.

Cheers folks.

Fantastic shot my only criticism would be I'd like to see a bigger version :D

Thanks EdinburghGary, glad you like it.

Can you share some of the technique and kit used? Interested in Aperture, Shutter Speed, and what lens and other bits and bobs - ND grads for example...

40D, 17-40mm, FL 17mm, EP Manual, Tv 0.8sec, Av f/20, ISO 100, RAW, Manual Focus, MM Spot, WB Cloudy, Manfrotto 055 ProB, Manfrotto 488 Ball Head, 2 Second Time Delay, MLU, Hot Shoe Level, Cokin P121, Time-March 6.12am.

The light on the rocks is from the rising sun though the light on the rock in the MG is a bit hot for my liking.

Welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing your method of taking this. Its a smashing photo, lovely light.

That's great. I've seen the type of shot a lot of times but that stands out from the crowd. Welcome to the forums.

40D, 17-40mm, FL 17mm, EP Manual, Tv 0.8sec, Av f/20, ISO 100, RAW, Manual Focus, MM Spot, WB Cloudy, Manfrotto 055 ProB, Manfrotto 488 Ball Head, 2 Second Time Delay, MLU, Hot Shoe Level, Cokin P121, Time-March 6.12am.

The light on the rocks is from the rising sun though the light on the rock in the MG is a bit hot for my liking.

Thanks, what an excellently executed shot. Inspired :)

G.

Very well taken and processed. Luverly

Brilliant shot Alex.

I must get up there myself and take some shots sometime. Its amazing, you have these great locations on your doorstep ( Dunstanburgh is about 15 mins away from my home) and you never pay attention to them.

Cheers

Iain

Agreed. The only fly in the ointment for an otherwise breathtaking shot.

Beautiful.

P.s. Had you thought about trying to selectively tone down the hotspot? Or is it completely blown?

Stunning picture, just lovely.
The only tiny thing (and it's tiny) is that maybe that big rock in the very foreground is a bit too big, it dwarfs the tower?

Back