Emirates Cup on the weekend (amateur photos)

Edit My Images
Yes
Went to the Emirates Cup 2nd day yesterday and got to see Juventus vs Hamburg and Arsenal vs Real Madrid. The seats I had were 3 rows from the front right on the halfway line so managed to get some photos with my 85mm prime which I was surprisingly happy about. I was trying to balance getting good football photos as well as just photos of my favourite team (die hard gooner for life) as well as just enjoying the game.

Any comments are appreciated.

Rich

2729199171_8c04256c16.jpg

2730973130_45dfd6284c.jpg

2730009864_17da99cd4b.jpg

2729375167_42d980a0a7.jpg

2729546675_706a291091.jpg

Poor Wesley, injury looked horrible :(

Some really nice shots, the penalty one would be spectacular if the background wasnt so distracting, no fault of your own though!

Aye, wasn't the most convincing of tackles from Diaby, but didn't seem malicious. It was right in front of me as well. :(

But yes, to be the other side of the barriers with some of those massive telephotos the pro 'togs were using... nice to dream.

Ooh and because Juve and Hamburg deserve some love:

2731132475_0737ea79a3.jpg

2731119251_7e956e1082.jpg

Yea was just a bit of a silly tackle which led to horribly tangled legs.
I like these shots, you've done well imo

Thanks very much. My friend got the tickets so I hadn't realised we'd be so close to the front, I brought my 85mm along just because it was the longest but physically shortest lens I had, fully expecting to get bugger all photos with it.

Looking at some other people's photos on Flickr some got away with 200mm lenses! But I'm assuming they didn't have a steward standing right in front of them the whole time! I even got told at the gates not to use a long lens and that was when I had my Sigma 10-20 on the camera which she said I may need to put the camera away if I saw a steward heading towards me. :LOL:

Great shots. I was there too!! :woot:

Just took the compact as I didnt fancy dropping my 40d or having it nicked.:)

Got brilliant seats.........my 20 year old son bought them for our birthday presents. A great day out.

I sometimes take my 40D and 70-200 L to The Theatre of Dreams (that's Old Trafford to you Gooners!) and have got some pretty good stuff from my seat - second row close to the half way line.

Never had any problems from stewards. One checked my bag on the way in on Saturday and didn't even comment on the camera. Made me take the top off a bottle of water "'cos some idiots actually throw them" (the tops that is)? I'm sure the bottle with the water in would do much more damage! Next time I'll take the top off and put it in my pocket before approaching the turnstiles!

Contemplating takin the same kit together with my 2X converter next match!

Back