Emirates Stadium - Arsenal

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I walk past the stadium everyday on my walk to work after getting off the bus and always thought it would be good to shoot.

I left early one morning last week and the sun was just peering over the horizon and managed to get this shot, (for better shots I need a telephoto lens and be able to get some wicked ones from across the road) I quite like this of the ticket office, views and comments welcome, thanks.

Arsenal.jpg

They pulling it down already :LOL: sorry I couldn't resist.

Seriously...its certainly got potential but it looks a little flat, contrast boost, shallower dof may improve it slightly, and those cranes are slightly distracting.

I'm sorry if this sounds too harsh.

They pulling it down already :LOL: sorry I couldn't resist.

Seriously...its certainly got potential but it looks a little flat, contrast boost, shallower dof may improve it slightly, and those cranes are slightly distracting.

I'm sorry if this sounds too harsh.

Not harsh at all. It looked so much better through the viewfinder (but I guess they always do, lol) at first I thought the cranes added something to the image but I can now see how they can be distracting, I am fond of the lighting and had pushed the contrst already, could do more but I think I'll just put this one down to a learning experience, do want to return and get some shots from across the road, so many morning are just so overcast though :bang:

I can imagine a full frontal view would look impressive.

Thats our british weather for you.

Hope you dont mind, had a quick play with the image.......not because im an arsenal fan though:D
Will remove this if you would prefer me to(y)

Arsenal by The-dodo, on Flickr

Really like this one. I think the comp is good and I like how the lines on the right are in line with the crane. Awesome. Intentional ?

Shame it's arsenal, good job they're going to hammer city on Sunday :)

Thanks, I must admit the joint line with the crane wasn't intentional at least not consciously but did think it I nice compostion.

Hope you dont mind, had a quick play with the image.......not because im an arsenal fan though:D
Will remove this if you would prefer me to(y)

Arsenal by The-dodo, on Flickr

It's fine thanks for doing so, I personally think its a bit too over the top contrast wise, and as for the cranes removal I like the idea of taking out the two either side but would like to keep the one in the middle

Love the shot but I'm having a couple of difficulties.

Problem with the central crane is that it looks like it's floating in thin air where the sun cut it off. My rational brain tells me whats going on, just subconscious is throwing a fit.

I think that taking the shot more square on from a few paces to your right may have been better. This would remove the lines that are drawing you in to the advert and whatever those doors at the end are.

Back