Midlands Enderby, Leicester.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

Got to take the missus to a training course tomorrow in Enderby, Leicester so was just wondering if there is anything around there of interest to photograph? No fussed what it is as I like all sorts so any suggestions welcome!

Thankyou Please.

I am not too far from Enderby, are you looking for walking distance? assuming you will be heading for the industrial estate around the Desford Rd area?, you will not find much, some nice old villiage builds still about but in general its not that pretty, probably a walk around the golf course is your best bet..

how much time do you have to kill?

Hello mate, thanks for the reply. She's on a course at the Leisure Centre so I can park there and walk or drive somewhere.

ahh well you are at the golf course then..

TBH honest I am struggling to think of anywhere worthwhile nearby, 15ish miles away you have Foxton Locks, or you could head into the City and check out the Cathedral and Richard IIIrd stuff. the best parts for wildlife and scenery IMO are the other side of the City to Enderby.

Narborough is the next parish to Enderby and much nicer.

its all about how much time you have on your hands and if you never normally find yourself this way.

There's nowt of interest in Enderby. However, if you want street/architecture stuff, head into Leicester.

If you want landscape, nip up to Newtown Linford (just off J22, 20 minutes up the road) and go to Bradgate Park.

Yeah can do but I give no guarentees to being there as I have no idea where I am going or what I am doing. Lol.

:D ill be your tour guide

you should easily be able to find the Town Hall Sq, it has the angel memorial and a big lion water feature, I will be there about 11:10, if you cannot find it let me know.. im jumping on my bike now so won't have phone access for 10 mins

Not at Brockington College by any chance is it?

I live in Enderby and took this pic of the M1 on Blaby Rd:

Day 58 by Carl Spencer, on Flickr

The industrial estate (Grove Park) which has already been mentioned has a odd looking structure which actually lights up at night:

Grove Park by Carl Spencer, on Flickr

Both at night though - I think Leicester in general is a much nicer looking place at night! :D

Last edited:
What a day! My feet are killing! :D

Was good to meet you too Dave. Got to know lots about Leicester and visit places I would have never have found. Or found my way out at least!

Can highly recommend Dave as a tour guide.

The '5 seconds' of video looks good. :D

Back