English Bull Terrier(ist!)

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Ok guys...so...i've been messing about with some off-camera flash and was experimenting on Lola our english bull terrier.

This was shot using a Canon 20D, 24-70L 2.8 @ F3.5, 1/200 sec and ISO 100. Flash was on my right hand side of Lola fired through an umbrella at 1/16 power. She also had some window light coming from the left hand side, but i wanted to cut this down a bit.

Any tips would be great on what i could improve? :)

5285686100_5d75a7fdf3_b.jpg

Not to much wrong with this Ian!

She has a nice uniform face so I think the offset lighting works well.

Look closely enough at the end of her mouth, you can just see a smirk!

Rob

lol, that bad huh! Maybe i should stick to natural light! :D

Don't give up the day job dude ;) :LOL:

I like this, the lighting is nice n even, nothing wrong with it!
Re: the vignetting, is that PP work or lighting work? I'd be inclined to lower the vignette a little, and - me being me, up the contrast but that's it, if anything at all. No point changing a good shot :)

Like it, but not too keen on the chair.

If you wanted to cut the ambient down then put the power of the flash up, and use a corresponding narrower aperture.

I like the ambient fill, though. So good work!

Beautifull dog and nice pose. Not much of a crit but more light on the left eye (her right) would be nice especially with a catchlight as well. Still nice shot

Steve

Personally I find the collar to distracting, would have taken it off before taking pic, imo

I feel that as she is looking slightly to the left, she should be placed slightly to the right of centre. Maybe its just me! :D

Back