eos 1000 adapter ring

D

derekh

Just been given an unused eos1000, and wondered if all eos lens fittings are the same. I need an adaptor ring to fit some contax yashica lenses if posible, but noticed that many are advertised as being for 30D or 4od etc, and want to know if these fit or not. Was the camera worth its salt image wise?

camera was fine, I've still got my 1000FN which was the same but had the flash built in. Any EF eos lens will definitely fit, don't think EF-S will, could be wrong with that though.

I also have an old ESO1000F, keep wanting to get rid of, but I'd rather have the camera than the £20 its worth. Yes it will take all EF lenses, but not EF-S.

If there is a convertor out there for these lenses, then they will work although I'd guess focus and aperture would have to be set manually.

Imagewise, it will be as good as the film you put in the back and the lens you put on the front. The exposure meter is pretty spot on, but the focussing is slow and clunky, and only has a single focus point. It has a plastic body and a plastic lens mount, so won't stand up to much 'abuse' buit i shot thousands of frames through mine, and it's still as good as the day I bought it. The battery lasts for aaaaages, even if you leave it on accidentally, i'm talking months, and it'll take film from ISO 25-6400. Has an excellent hyperbolic DOF focussing setting, so yeah, quite a nice little camera.

I have one too - I've shot maybe 3 frames with it since I got it, and not used it since. I wish I hadn't spent £18 on it and a battery :D...

Back