Eos 300d hacks

Edit My Images
No
Is it worth installing the hacks while camera is still under warrantee, if it fails can i revert back to v 1.1.1

Paul is this a downloadable firmware upgrade?

There is a danger of these firmware upgrades failing although I've never had it happen. Make sure you have the camera connected to mains power or a fully charged battery inserted, before you start the process. I don't think you can revert once you've upgraded.

Paul it's a decision only you can make. I did it the first week I had my camera and have done it again once since then, I had no problems just make sure your battery is charged first so there's no chance it will turn itself off. For me it's worth having the russian firmware on for the mirror lock up facility alone. I suppose you must think about what you want the camera to do that it can't and does the hack allow that.

St.P

i think you can reinstall the 1.1.1 firmware if you download it from canon, it only wont go on if the camera messes up so you cant turn it on!

Steep said:
Paul it's a decision only you can make. I did it the first week I had my camera and have done it again once since then, I had no problems just make sure your battery is charged first so there's no chance it will turn itself off. For me it's worth having the russian firmware on for the mirror lock up facility alone. I suppose you must think about what you want the camera to do that it can't and does the hack allow that.

St.P
Agreed. I flashed my firmware within days of buying the camera and haven't regretted it once. The mirror lock up facility is fantastic, and something I would have really missed if I hadn't got the firmware hack. Go for it!

Back