Epson 1270 Printing Problem

Edit My Images
Yes
I know my Epson 1270 is getting a little long in the tooth but it's developed a printing problem & wondered if it's terminal :(

It's only really noticeable at the moment if I print a text item e.g. a letter or e-mail but the printer is leaving parallel blue lines on the paper even on areas which should be blank. I've tried running the head cleaning utility a couple of times but no joy. I suppose you might consider it the reverse of banding :roll:

Any thoughts and help much appreciated

Does sound like someting on one of te rollers maybe a good clean will help, You may need to remove the covers.

Have a look HERE

It maybe a control board fault, telephone an Epson Authorized Service Dealer, you can find your nearest one on Epsons website under support.
It may cost less than you think, if you do send it in have the cleaning pad and heads cleaned at the same time that will cost around £25, well worth it.
I'd keep your printer as the cost saving of cartridges for your printer would pay for the board being fixed.

Does sound like someting on one of te rollers maybe a good clean will help, You may need to remove the covers.

Graham

Thanks for your response - I don't think it's a roller type issue (I've had that before !) as the lines are horizontal and are printed

Have a look HERE

It maybe a control board fault, telephone an Epson Authorized Service Dealer, you can find your nearest one on Epsons website under support.
It may cost less than you think, if you do send it in have the cleaning pad and heads cleaned at the same time that will cost around £25, well worth it.
I'd keep your printer as the cost saving of cartridges for your printer would pay for the board being fixed.

Thanks for that I'll give them a try but given the age of the printer unless it's a quick £30 or so I'm tempted to buy a new one :puke:

Watch it cos a friend of mine did that and got rid of his 1290 (nothing wrong after cleaning)
and bought an epson 1800 he had nothing but trouble with the printheads so returned it as they couldnt repair it so he got his money back.

I have i series canons great images, fast printing and 3rd party carts.

Back