Epson 1400 ?

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm fancying an A3 printer and can get the 1400 for £245 which seems pretty reasonable. Has anyone got one? I've read reviews etc. but would to hear like some real life experiences if possible.

Not interested in any other makes, but I might consider upping my sights to the 1900 if there's a huge difference in output quality (I doubt there will be since the res seems to be the same).

A friend has just bought the 1400, it was a tussle between the 1400 1800 and 1900. As far as we could make out, the 1800 and 1900 are very expensive on ink and obviously produce a different type of picture using pigment inks, which, I am told tend to clog a bit more = more head cleaning = increased ink use. The 1900 purges all cartridges when you change just one, = more ink use. When you fit pigment ink cartridges, you have to shake them. If you dont use it all the time, I should think the ink will settle = clogging!
But, for a non pro user, i think the 1400 is the best bet. I will be getting one in a few days too, i will let you know how it performs.
Allan

I got finger itch and ordered one from Amazon today :) along with some paper from these guys http://www.tonik.co.uk/

Back