Epson Cartridge not recognised

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
I have a new cartridge which the printer does not recognise. Unfortunately, I bought the cartridge about 12 months ago from Amazon so they do not seem to be interested in replacing or refunding now. The cartridge was bought as a genuine Epson this cost a lot more and appears to be genuine. At this time I cannot run the printer because the old cartridge is empty and it rejects the new cartridge. I could spend another (almost £20) and buy another but not from Amazon. Any suggestions?

Dave

Cant help I'm afraid, but printers really are the worst of all computer technology we have now. From problems with ink cartridges, to never doing quite what you need them to with borders etc, I have never had so many issues with any other bit of computer tech, as I have with printers. Current Epson thing has decided to stop doing WiFi, in spite of repeated attempts to reset it. It was working fine, now just won't connect. Nothing else has changed. USB connection works, but that means it's now not in an ideal location. Previous Canon thing decided to throw an error code following installing new inks; Canon wanted more to fix it, than it actually cost. So that ended up in landfill. So wasteful and harmful to the environment. Manufacturers should be forced to make printers that are reliable, use a standard type of ink across all brands, that is available everywhere and costs just a few quid, not more than their weight in gold (isn't' printer ink one of the most expensive things on Earth by weight of actual product?), like AA batteries or something.

I hate printers.

My Epsom printer was a nightmare to operate! As you have said , it kept dropping wi-fi, I needed to install the firmware numerous times. That ended up in landfill.
Yes, such a waste.
Currently using a Canon unit, time will tell :(

I have a new cartridge which the printer does not recognise. Unfortunately, I bought the cartridge about 12 months ago from Amazon so they do not seem to be interested in replacing or refunding now. The cartridge was bought as a genuine Epson this cost a lot more and appears to be genuine. At this time I cannot run the printer because the old cartridge is empty and it rejects the new cartridge. I could spend another (almost £20) and buy another but not from Amazon. Any suggestions?

Dave
I’ve had this occasionally on my Epson R3000, I just try installing the cartridge repeatedly until it works, cleaning the contacts, pressing it down more firmly, sometimes turning the printer off as well. It seems to work eventually, I’ve never had to return one (although I never buy too far in advance).

I’ve had this occasionally on my Epson R3000, I just try installing the cartridge repeatedly until it works, cleaning the contacts, pressing it down more firmly, sometimes turning the printer off as well. It seems to work eventually, I’ve never had to return one (although I never buy too far in advance).
Thanks I will try That.

Dave

Yes, I tried many times but the new cartridge was not recognised but each time I returned to old cartridge it was. I had little choice but to buy a new cartridge which arrived yesterday and works fine. I will have another go at Amazon about them selling me a fake cartridge.

Dave

Back