Epson P2000 (If you format it)

Hi guys. I subscribed to this forum because of this topic. My question: are there any device drivers out there so that I can access the internal drive? I could only find those for Windows 98... The device asks to be reset, but still holds al lot of pictures on the internal drive… I hope someone will read this...

you shouldn't need a device driver?

I've just acquired an Epson p-4000 that has the Reset message problem - I've tried the various links on here for the operating system image & they no longer work. Can anybody provide a new link or email me the image to bob.maguire@tiscali.co.uk?
Thanks in advance,
Bob

Hello Johnny,

firstable - my english is not very good - excuse me for that...

I have the same problem with my Epson P-4000. I have formatted the intern HDD with Linux. Now after reboot I get the message "Press Reset" on the screen of the Epson unit. The Epson hotline cannot help me, because the unit is to old, so I hope, that you can give me the necessary image or files for restore it. I have read the first entry. I think its not a problem for me. The only problem are the missing files.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings from Germany

Richard

Hi Richard and welcome to TP

This thread is a very old thread and the contributers have not come back for some years.......so none of them are 'here' even see your cry for help.

I have no idea if there any or many Linux users let alone the same folk with the P-4000.

So just maybe the TP community can help.......but please be patient and see whether the help is possible:)

PS it does look like you have killed it

I wonder if there is a 'user community' with the knowledge to resolve it???

Last edited:
Hi Richard and welcome to TP

This thread is a very old thread and the contributers have not come back for some years.......so none of them are 'here' even see your cry for help.

I have no idea if there any or many Linux users let alone the same folk with the P-4000.

So just maybe the TP community can help.......but please be patient and see whether the help is possible:)

PS it does look like you have killed it

I wonder if there is a 'user community' with the knowledge to resolve it???

Hello,

thank you for your prompt reply.

With my request I am trying to ask Johnny if he can provide me with the operating system of the Epson P-4000 Multimedia Storage Viewer. He originally started the thread. He was recently "online". Maybe he can help me.

Greetings Richard

Hello,

thank you for your prompt reply.

With my request I am trying to ask Johnny if he can provide me with the operating system of the Epson P-4000 Multimedia Storage Viewer. He originally started the thread. He was recently "online". Maybe he can help me.

Greetings Richard

Oops! my bad as I saw only page 2 and failed to notice re: thread starter :banghead:

I will mention him @Johnny1982 and that will add to that this old thread had been resurrected, all too easy to miss!

Hi,

I cant believe how long ago it was I created this.

I do still have my Epson P2000 repair kit although I cant begin to tell you how little I can help you beyond that! For one back then I used Windows and now I'm on a Mac. Can you send me your Email address and I will host this for you on Wee Transfer. Its about 200mb.

I really hope you're able to sort your device out with whatever tools I've got left.

Johnny

Hello, Johnny,

thank you for the prompt feedback. This is really a well-functioning forum. I am thrilled :)

In the meantime I have disassembled the device (Epson P-4000) and connected the hard disk to Windows 10. Unfortunately the partition on the hard disk with the name EPSON is empty. The other partition on the hard disk with the name EPV_SYSTEM has data, with which I unfortunately cannot do much. Can I use this to restore the system? Or should I follow your instructions (provided I have the appropriate files)?

Thank you very much for your help and effort.

Greeting from Augsburg (Germany) :)

PS: Translated with www.deepl.com - this works better than my english :)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hello, Johnny,

thank you for the prompt feedback. This is really a well-functioning forum. I am thrilled :)

In the meantime I have disassembled the device (Epson P-4000) and connected the hard disk to Windows 10. Unfortunately the partition on the hard disk with the name EPSON is empty. The other partition on the hard disk with the name EPV_SYSTEM has data, with which I unfortunately cannot do much. Can I use this to restore the system? Or should I follow your instructions (provided I have the appropriate files)?

Thank you very much for your help and effort.

Greeting from Augsburg (Germany) :)

PS: Translated with www.deepl.com - this works better than my english :)

Hi Richard,

I would love to help you out more but seeing as that post was 12 years ago I'm really struggling to remember anything of the process. I assume based on the feedback of everyone else my process worked so please follow the instructions to the best of your ability and good luck. I've sent you the files zipped up via We Transfer.

I would Love to help you out further but I simply cant remember anything more from that process. Best of luck to you. MY only advise is to follow the instructions to the letter and you should be okay.

Johnny

Hello, Johnny,

perfect - it works.

The two files (Part1 and Part2) must be unpacked and the file "epsonP2000.arc" is created. This file (Image - it contains both target partitions) must then be selected in the R-Drive image software and then copied to the target hard disk (is explained very well in the software). For me it was sufficient to restore the large partition. I probably just deleted this one by mistake. What to keep in mind with the P-4000 device is that in the end the hard disk size is increased to almost 80GB, because your image is designed for a smaller one. In any case I will save the image so that I can restore it myself if something goes wrong again.
Thank you very much for your quick help. It would have been a real pity for the beautiful device.

Many greetings from Augsburg

Richard

Hello, Johnny,

perfect - it works.

The two files (Part1 and Part2) must be unpacked and the file "epsonP2000.arc" is created. This file (Image - it contains both target partitions) must then be selected in the R-Drive image software and then copied to the target hard disk (is explained very well in the software). For me it was sufficient to restore the large partition. I probably just deleted this one by mistake. What to keep in mind with the P-4000 device is that in the end the hard disk size is increased to almost 80GB, because your image is designed for a smaller one. In any case I will save the image so that I can restore it myself if something goes wrong again.
Thank you very much for your quick help. It would have been a real pity for the beautiful device.

Many greetings from Augsburg

Richard

Great news. Love this story. Nice one @Johnny1982

Hi

I have the same problem with a p-4000. Please can one of you let me have the drive image? tp{at}needlevision.co.uk thanks dominic

Hello, my name is Seva, i registered to this forum because i have same problem with my Epson P-4000, can you send me EPV_SYSTEM files image please?
Hello Seva,

welcome to the forum. Pm me and I’ll send you the file

Hi , my name Gusvaldi i have the same problem to with my P2000. Can you send me EPV_SYSTEM?
Is it possible to upgrade the hdd capacity? Thank's

Hallo Johnny1982, kannst du mir bitte auch die Datei schicken? Habe auch das Problem !
This is an english speaking site please post in English as per the rules.
Thank you.

Post #18 might help. Not looked at the link myself so can't say for sure.

Back