Epson Photo Fine Player P-4500

Edit My Images
Yes
Epson Japan has today announced the third iteration of its Photo Fine Player 'Multimedia Storage Viewer'. This new version sports an 80 GB hard disk (the same as the P-4000), the same beautiful 3.8" VGA LCD screen, SD/CF slot and USB 2.0 interface. Improvements include a new image processing system with support for images of up to 30 megapixels, wider RAW format support, wider video format support (including MPEG-1/2/4 and DivX) and new display modes (including grouping by EXIF tag). The P-4500 will cost 75,000 YEN (approx. $640) when it goes on sale in Japan

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0603/06031501epsonp4500.asp

According to the convertor on Ask.com 75,000 Yen converts to just over 365 quid for those that are a little flush in the spending voucher department!

cool,
i have the fantastic Epson photo-fine P2000 , just a lowly 40gig device with the 3.8 inch screen as above,

when it first came out the only real competition was the nikon cool-walker , or one other device,
this has grown into a market of over 40 devices in just over a year,

all the machines tend to do what it says on the box, but i feel the Epson machines ( allthough quite big ) do it better , especially with that fantastic screen

if you dont need to look at the pix while on the move, go for a device with an lcd basic operation screen, and loads of storage,

MyPix

Nice - all I want from something like that is fast upload speeds and a vibrating alert to tell me the upload's finished.

I have a Smartdisk thingy that drives me mad as the flashing LED is so dim I have to cup both hands around it to see if the thing's still working.

Also it doesn't allow for images to be transferred using Nikon Transfer - useful for writing generic File Info to the whole batch at once - it can be done in Nikon View one image at a time, or in CS2 (but CS writes the file info to a sidecar file instead of integrating it into the RAW file itself).

Back