Epson PX710W

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Howdy good folks,

My first post in this forum so be gentle with me, please :)

I have an Epson PX710W all-in-one printer that I use for general office printing and printing proofs/personal photographs using genuine Epson papers. I bought this printer about 18 months ago to replace another Epson (R265) which was just plain worn out.

My wife also uses this printer for her card business but is having problems getting certain papers to feed consistently. The biggest issue is with cut sheet canvas paper - sometimes it feeds okay, most of the time it doesn't and ocassionally it will feed if you persist long enough. The paper is within the printers weight range and heavier photo paper goes through okay.

I was wondering if there was anyone here using the same printer who might be able to shed some light on this. Also, when I bought the printer I thought I read that there was a rear paper tray option/accessory but for the life of me I can't find any reference to that now. Did I imagine it?

Any guidance would be appreciated - TIA :)

Hi, I looked in here as I have just come back from PCWorld where an Epson rep showed me this very machine at £90!! I have googled it and the reviews are quite positive (bargain at £90) The rep said it is being replaced by a range coming out now, I am getting one and will be interested to see what others may say.:wave:

Yeoboy,

I can thoroughly recommend this printer. The photo print quality is superb - even if it won't feed canvas paper :LOL:

Print speeds are very reasonable even at the highest quality - about 20s for an A4 print. The CD that comes with the printer includes paper profiles for Epson papers and some suppliers also supply them for their stock.

If you've got any specific questions then ask away :)

I am starting to use CS3 and the Scott Selby book I got from Ed in here details printing in a way I need to study, But, If values via photoshop are applied to a file and copied to an sd card, Will these values be used when inserted into the printer do you know? Hope its not a silly question.Cheers Steve,

Good question: I haven't used the pictbridge feature (which is what I think you're describing) but would assume that whatever is stored in the jpg file in the computer will be read by the printer.

I've just replaced a "broken" 700W with a new 720WD that's got the duplexer built in (well it hangs off the back of it :LOL: )

I'm also using a set of re-fillable ink cartridges from here http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/catalogue/Ink-Systems/Epson/Stylus-Photo-PX720WD.html and after printing a photo with the original inks and then one using the other ink there was absolutely no difference in IQ :)

Cracking printer and even better now the ink is costing me next to nothing!

Been printing quite a lot lately and giving prints of my newborn nephew to family members and they're stunned that the photos have been done on a "home" printer

Back