Epson R2880...AHHH! (Throws it out the window!!)

Name
Nicola
Edit My Images
Yes
It is driving me mad! It will not print in the correct colours! Even my dark mushroom is coming out pink!! and don't even get me started on skin tones!!

All the print previews look fine until the Epson print preview comes up and then it resorts to a pink haze, I have downloaded and tried various ICC settings and it all just defaults back, I have tried to adjust the Magenta, Cyan and the other colours manually and no joy.

I am so :annoyed: **** with it especially at the price it is, at that cost I would at least expect it to resemble whats on screen even if it doesn't match completely (monitor is calibrated)

It also seems to adjust the white balance so although the photo was in daylight and looks daylight the print looks like it was taken under tungsten with no white balance adjustment.

AHHHHHHH!!!!

On top of that the prints aren't even that shiny or glossy, the paper is but the ink (genuine epson) just looks slightly dull. I wish I had just bought a normal printer now as this fancy rave review printer is c**p.

Sorry for the rant.

forgive me for asking, but have your carried out a nozzle check/clean ?
sounds like mine when nozzles get blocked :thinking:

Are you using the correct ICC profile? Although I have the 2400 myself, I set up a new 2880 last night for a club member, once I had set it up & printed with Epson paper with the supplied ICC profile looked as goos as you could get with a generic profile. Once I had profiled her usual papers they came out stunning.

I cant help with setting it up but do know the 2880 is a pigment ink printer so your prints won't be glossy like a dye based printer.

type this in google 'switching off Epson R2880 profiling'

I think you will find something

I have it set up with the ICC profile from Epson for Premium glossy paper.

Think I have it, I went into the ICC profiles again just to check and despite changing it several times to the correct ICC profile for some reason it was still using from the 'Stylus R2880 Photo' instead of the 'Epson Premium Glossy' profile.

I changed it last time and it stayed but when I turned my PC off it must have defaulted back to the other one, I have re-changed it again and although it's not a complete match for whats on screen without a device like a colour munki I am never going to get it exact, but it is closer now.

I got really hacked off with Epson printers about 3 years ago (simliar probs) and converted to a Canon. Never looked back.

My advice, ditch the thing and splash the cash

print preview does not show you what the print is like, it shows what adjusments its doing for what ever ICC profile you have choosen. firstly if your monitor is not correctly calibrated then its pretty much no hope for getting accurate colour reproduction.

My monitor is calibrated. The print was coming out looking the same as the print preview, but the preview was changing the colours to what the actual shot looked like on screen.

Back