Equipment rethink...

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

Ive been looking over my equipment and I think its time to have a major reshuffle, as ive mentioned in a previous thread the 100-400L has to go, in favour of the 300F2.8IS, but ive also been thinking about the 20D, ive trying to remember the last time I actually used it.

Ive got the EFS 10-22 and EFS 17-85IS lenses which are both very nice, but, I simply havent been using them, ive been using the 50mm1.8 on my 1d2 instead and simply moving closer to my subject to reframe, rather then zooming. So ive think it might be in my best interest to sell off the 20D with both EFS lenses and replace it with the EF16-35LF2.8 and a 70-200LF2.8IS

I would appreciate any opinions on this move. The only downside I can see is that im losing the use of a spare body.

the EF-S lenses wont work on youjr 1d will they? so its a no brainer if your selling the 20D

THE 70-200mmf2.8 is sex on a stick, i nearly bought one yesterday as the prices over here are damn good, $200 candian for a battery grip and battery for a 20D, bargain!

Selling your 20D will not enable you to membership of CPS, that's why I kept my 20D. The.....

I dropped my 1D off and my 70-200 and 100-400 for servicing, they aren't back yet and had to do a race weekend in Ireland, glad I had a spare body, my only problem was small lenses so had to sit on the racing line/close to the edge. I was really impressed with my images.

I'd keep the body personally!

Get the 70-200 it's ace, the 16-35 is also a cracking lens, sell your EFS's and go for it!
Carl.

Ive already got a CPS membership, are you saying that they revoke it if I sell the 20D?

Hell, thats harsh, but, tbh, ive had the membership for about 3months and Ive not heard a single thing from them in that time.... I was expecting some kind of newsletter, ive heard of folk getting invitations to events to try gear, thats my main reason for joining the CPS, what other benefits am I missing out on?

Glen said:
What's CPS
Canon professional Services

CPS website said:
CPS Card - CPS Members receive a CPS membership card. This identifies holders as a CPS member and provides them with access to CPS support at a wide variety of events in more than 20 countries.
Event support - Available to CPS members accredited to work at events where CPS teams are present - click here to see events.
A Priority Service - including a fast track repair service, emergency back-up loans, and a check & clean service.
Communications - such as Newsletters and news of special discounts via professional dealers and special direct mail offers
CPS members can also expect invitations to the following types of meeting, although not yet in every country:

Product demonstrations
Workshops - Digital & Analogue
Seminars
Roundtable discussions

You'll get the EOS Magazine, it's due out shortly.

Now I've got it, I think I'd be upset loosing it. Certainly got my equipment serviced faster with Lehmanns.

But in theory, if you've not got the requirements, they could revoke it!

Depends on who you sell the 20D to ;)

Carl.

Back