Eskdale in Autumn (Part I)

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
I hope to make this a 3 part sequence depending on how they are received.
Took loads of shots yesterday, a super day in a super place. Alas I now realise how good the top flight landscape togs are, seeing that I have had to discard so many of my feeble efforts.

So, Part I: The cool and the quiet.

TP_DSC5159.jpg

TP_DSC5202.jpg

TP_DSC5236.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C always appreciated.

Nice Set (y)
It's probably me but my eye gets drawn to the draggons head (bottom right) in No1.
I would be tempted to crop it square and remove the rocks in the foreground.

Nice, 3rd one for me is the pick. Very Autumnal and the Sun through the trees is spot on. 1 is let down a little by the blown sky top right but the comp and colours are lovely and 2, for me, just lacks a focal point. But 'cool and quiet' you wanted and I think these are just that.

Andy

Three very nice shots, number takes my fancy the most :) What I've found sometimes is that using a circular polariser to lessen the reflection and introduce some nice textures from the rocks below the water can bring alot to a foreground (and maybe midground too).
Looking forward to your next shots :)

The bright sky spoils number 1 for me, oddly, the same effect makes number 3.....:)

A lovely set. I'm being drawn to the 3rd picture on account of the sun being set in the background thus casting those shadows onto the surface "towards you". I love those kind of shots. :)

Oooo, I really like the third... Well composed and the exposure is good. I strongly suggest going back here during the winter months, as when the conditions are right, you'll get fog and the sunset with the light coming through the trees. Same composition, but with added golden sun ray foggy goodness!

Lovely set Donna, my favourite place, The Lakes, thanks for posting :)

Many thanks guys for all your comments, all very much appreciated. No. 1 & 2 were very low light and I had no tripod with me :shake: so thank goodness for VR. Beacuse of the low light & contrast they have all been PP boosted so that may have given a colour caste, I will need to take greater care of that in the future. I will post Part II in a day or so.

Back