weekly Ettercap's 52

Edit My Images
No
Hey guys,

Been a lurker for ages now and followed along (loosely) with last year's 52 -- still trying to catch up, actually :)gag:), but figured I'd try this year's.

Without further ado:

Week 1, "Sin":

Had two pictures much along the same theme, but couldn't decide between them, so here's both:

perch.png

angel.png

Welcome aboard!

Sin - the 2nd one works well for me, nice composition.
Season - I think you have a bit of a problem with pink snow. :(

Thanks for the crit folks.

Re: #2, I did blow out the magenta slightly on the original raw as I couldn't really approximate anything realistic without it looking bland/boring and liked the nostalgic feel.

I couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about, really -- my iPad doesn't show any pink at all on the image, and my monitor showed only a slight magenta cast.

Then I recalibrated my monitor. Pink snow indeed! :bang:

How's this one?

snowcrop-3.png

Hi and welcome. I didn't quite get the relevance of either of the first two to Sin, but I like the second shot because of the added interest from the out of focus stained glass windows. Both are pretty nice, though.

Your season shot is definitely on point. I don't really understand white balance well enough to comment (leave that to the experts!), but the second example looks good to me. There's a yellowish tinge but that's what I'd expect from a street-lit scene. Very seasonal!

Hi, i like both sin images, nice feel to the shots. If forced to pick a favourite i would have to go for the second, i think the window just adds an extra element to the shot.

Season, the edit looks better, good use of the theme.

Cheers

Hi ya & welcome :wave:

Sin.....I'm liking your 2nd image for this theme...beautifully sharp with great DOf which shows the stained glass window but doesn't let it over power the scene :)

Season....2nd version far better....pink snow would be kinda a funky though :LOL:

Back