Evening at Albert Bridge

Very nice set of images, hard to choose a favourite, if pressed I would say no.2.

Out of the first two, I have to say I prefer the second, since I think that sort of illumination works best against a darker background, and I prefer the reflection in the water.
I think the second gives a better view of the bridge with it looking to be further away.
All in all, I'd be pleased to have taken either of those shots :)

The third one, I really like the idea, but I think its a bit of a shame the bolted outer ring is so thick... I'd have liked the frame better filled with the colours of the sky in the background. That said, fantastic idea, the you've done a cracking job at capturing the range of colours from the sky through to the water reflections :)

i grew up in pimlico rd about 500 yds from this bridge very nice shots 2 for me as well. (y)

third one for me as the first two are shots that have been done time and again. The last one has some nice colours and lovely light in the background lighting the rim of the ironwork. Almost leaves me guessing as to what the skyline is like in the background. A little soft around the edges though and could do with a little levels boost I think.

Thanks for the feeback! :)

I totally appreciate that the first two shots are massive cliches, but I wanted to have a crack at them myself. Of them I do prefer the darker of the two.

The third pic is my favorite too, I just got lucky with the light, the colours down there on Friday were lovely, and I just noticed the light coming through the knee-level portholes and thought I might get a decent shot. I'll take a look at the levels and see what I can do.

2 is on the button for me
cheers
geof

if it was knee level it's better still. well seen and thought out and nice to see some creative thinking.

Probably below that TBH, or so my creaking knees suggest today. Had to brave the tutting and general disapproval of cyclists and walkers who's progress I slowed. The one and only time I've wished I had an articulated screen! :LOL:

Back