Evening ferry arriving at Uig in Skye.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
We were leaving Uig on our last day in Skye when we spotted the ferry approaching Uig and decided to park up and watch it sail in and berth on a perfectly calm sea on lovely quiet evening, all you could hear was the engine room of the ferry gradually getting louder as it approached.

I hope these images can convey in part the serene calm atmosphere we enjoyed as it approached it's berth.

IMG_7191CR2-1.jpg

IMG_7192CR2.jpg

IMG_7194CR2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Done that crossing a few times but never on such a calm sea :eek:

Hope you had a great trip!

(y)

The first picture does it for me - it certainly imparts the feeling of calm and tranquility.

Garry, any chance of casting a gaelic spell for good weather next time we visit Skye :D

Really like the first one - patterns in the sea effected by the point are really interesting - I have never seen it this calm - once in a lifetime me thinks...

The first one portrays your description to a T, excellent.

No 1 - lovely simple composition - love it. Not that the others are bad.

Well caught, really nice sea patterns and composition in no 1

Very nice series of shots, no.1 is so eery with the calm waters like that (y) .. but very effective.

Thanks for posting and sharing these.

Lovely set. Think you managed to capture the sense of tranquility and stillness very well :clap:

Number 1 without a doubt. I would love to see a larger version of that. So peaceful....

Kev.

Agree on No1-it's a great comp, and it does convey the serene, calm atmosphere perfectly.

Number 1 for me too.

I get the feeling of not wanting the ferry to disturb the water in front of it.

Very nice, thanks for putting it up.

number one wins it!!
what shutter speed were these shot at. i love the ripples in the water and the way the boat stays sharp. or is that what it actually looks like?

Last edited:
Agree with above comments with number 1 winning it. Closly followed by the 3rd for me. Such calm seas and great ripples from the boat:clap:

Folks, I am really chuffed at the comments from you all and fortunate, it seems, to be there and witness such a calm sea.
I was going to thank you all individually but with such a response I will say thanks to you all and just answer the few queries.

Sawman, we did not visit Niest on this occasion, but we are leaning towards another visit maybe in December when, I am told, there is a good chance of clear skies and snow capped hills.

Scottish Paul, it was taken with my Canon 24-105 IS L at 125/second, F22, ISO500 FL 32mm.

Kev,I am not that good with computers yet, I do not know how to link this to a larger image, if someone cares to show me how I will.

Once again thanks for the encouraging comments, they are very much appreciated.

Hep, ;)

Back