"Everyday" - A guy takes a photo of himself every day for 6 years....

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Click for video on YouTube

Professional photographer Noah Kalina takes a photo of himself every day, and has done since January 2000. And apparently he will do until the day he dies.

This is a motion video of all the photos he's taken.
Fascinating watching him age over the 6 years.

Turns out he got the inspiration from someone else, a chap called Jonathan Keller, who's been doing it for 8 years (His video is better visually).

Amazing stuff. I wish I had the willpower and the resolved to pull something like this off.

lots and lots of different people doing this in various guises, but all good stuff.

I personally think its fake. His hair style changes everyday :confused:

His eyes are nearly always exactly the same expressionwise.

should have use a similar background imo

Yes, because that's practical for many years.. Both of them do try to use continuous backgrounds where they can, but it's not always viable.
As for his hair, it's mostly got that tousled "wild" sort of look - his hair styling process probably involves ruffling his hands through his hair, so of course it's going to look different!
And the expression thang is intentional, as it lends a sense of continuity to the shots (it would be much harder to watch if the expression was changing every day) - it's also extremely easy to adopt a simple "blank" look which is pretty much the same every day.

Back