Ex580 ii eats batteries.

Edit My Images
Yes
I was trying some stuff out tonight at sunset and reached for my flash. The batteries were fully charged a few days ago and unused. I switched it "on" only for the battery to die on the spot. This seams to happen a lot. Is this normal? Oh they're enrgisers btw

All rechargable batteries (except Sanyo Eneloop's and Uniross Hybrio's) lose charge over time. It's because they don't have a shelf life like alkaline's do.

So, buy some Eneloops. They're excellent. :D

I expect yours are on their way out as they shouldn't discharge in a matter of days.

If those are normal rechargeables you're using, then I have the same problem. I have four sets of regular rechargeables and they are all useless at holding charge. Like completely useless. Yes, I have run them through a rapid charger a few times, but even so.

The Eneloops are the way to go (and similar new-tech batts - there are a few about but not that easy to get on the high street) but I've switched back to disposables until I can prove that Eneloops etc will not get rogered by my rapid charger.

IMHO, Eneloops are the way to go. My local London Camera Exchange are even selling them as their batteries of choice.

You do need a slow charger to get the best from them though. Not sure a fast charger will do them any good.

I did speak to Sanyo UK and was told they need at least a 3 hour charge, otherwise the cells damage quite rapidly, hence why some Eneloops come with a dedicated charger, which takes 3-5 hours for a complete cycle.

Hope this helps :)

that's fast anyway
my 3200mAh batteries, which do pretty well in my speedlite for a quick recharge...they can take easily 15 hours to charge....sheesh!
pants charger though, investing in some eleloops though soon

I think a fast charger ruined a lot of AA rechargables for me in the past. Only use a slow charger now and don't have short life problems any more. Charger was an expensive one with control circuits too.

:thinking: what charger do you use?

The one I have been using is a CH15MN rapid charger. I remember from my RC car days that reapid charging was not as good as slow but they batteries should still retain a charge when unused.

I've had a slow charger in the car for a while now which I haven't used yet CHvc2uk2. Looking at the answers above, the rapid charger looks a likely candidate.:thumbsdown:

That'll teach me to check this forum. Now I NEED to go spend some more dosh on Eneloops (daft name Tm).

That'll teach me to check this forum. Now I NEED to go spend some more dosh on Eneloops (daft name Tm).

I think Sukebe suits you.

+1 on the Eneloops. I have 24 Eneloop AA's and a slow charger - The one that comes with the Eneloop kit :)

"Slow" is just not a strong enough word though... about 15-16 hours for a full charge. But I guess thats only a problem if you don't have enough batteries :D

Back