EXIF data

Edit My Images
Yes
On another thread, Canon Bob pointed out that my EXIF data was 5 years out of date ! I thought that I would have to update my camera ( or software) settings. My camera settings are O.K. but any file saved with PSP gets its date and time altered.
The first image (below) is of the info on the RAw file. The second is after saving as a JPEG via PSP.
I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the matter !
I'm not too concerned as I file my images by date, but it's embarassing if you post a photo, saying 'I took this yesterday', and the EXIF date is 5 years previous!
It's the Corel PSP version, so it's probably not even 5 years old.
It was bought as a birthday present, so it's not a 'dodgy' copy.
Any ideas ?

RAWFILE.jpg

SAVED_JPEG.jpg

PSP should pick up the system date/time settings. You've probably already done this, but have you checked the current computer settings?

The RAW date settings will be set from camera data. I note that the time difference between taking and processing the image is just over 4 hours - would this be about right? If so then it's just the date that has been changed.

PSP should pick up the system date/time settings. You've probably already done this, but have you checked the current computer settings?

The RAW date settings will be set from camera data. I note that the time difference between taking and processing the image is just over 4 hours - would this be about right? If so then it's just the date that has been changed.

4 hours is about right.
I never even considered checking the computer settings ! I think you may be right. I'll check it when I get home tonight ( I'm at work at the mo ! ).
Thanks Keith.

Back