Exmoor coldness

Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a happy day walking around Exmoor today, for once I've come back with a better ratio than 1% of shots I'm happy with :) :)

Here's some of my fav's, no processing (for once) save for the occassional small crop, sharpening, resizing and framing.

On with the Show!

Devils-light.jpg

Godslight.jpg

Lines-of-trees.jpg

Snowandlight2.jpg

Towards-wales.jpg

Sunset-Hill.jpg

I'll understand if people can't be bothered to comment due to the volume of shots in here, but any feedback greatfuly received. Thanks for tanking the time to view sucha large quantity of images!

Brrr..looks cold! I particularly like #4 - has a sort of eerie but calm effect.

I think they are all belters. But the contrast between cloud and ground in #1 makes it my favourite. :thumb:

regards

something to be proud of, cracking shots, love em all, so much atmosphere.
ermmm, how come no snow on the last shot:ponders:
TFS

Repeating the others really ... a great suite of shots Ghandi ... you should be rightfully pleased with the increased ratio of 'happy shots' ! Cracking pics all of them !

Shame you didn't start it off with "On with the snow" !

TFS ...

minimeeze said:
Brrr..looks cold! I particularly like #4 - has a sort of eerie but calm effect.

Funny thats the only one that didn't do it for me.

#1 favourite and #5 if the snow didn't look trampled.

I love them all, but #2 really hits the spot for me.
If I were to pick holes, I'd try to lift the exposure on the snow in #2 and #5 (my other favourite) the fields in the distance look a tad over contrasty.

These really are beauties though :thumb:

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimeeze
Brrr..looks cold! I particularly like #4 - has a sort of eerie but calm effect

RobertP said:
Funny thats the only one that didn't do it for me.

#1 favourite and #5 if the snow didn't look trampled.

Just goes to show how different we all are :) :p

great series of shots, certainly captured the cold desolate feeling, image one for me stands out, as said above, the contrast between the sky and landscape is brilliant, i hope you never got caught out in what looks like a big storm on its way.

Great shots G! Can't believe you have snow and we have none in the far North (well on the mountains we do but not below about 2,000ft).

HIMUPNORTH said:
G! Can't believe you have snow and we have none in the far North (well on the mountains we do but not below about 2,000ft).
You will after tonight!;)
Nice shots Gandhi, I like one but not keen on the sky....foreground is fantastic.

No 5 is the one that catches my eye most. Lucky to live in such a nice part of the world;)

Number 1 is my favourite Gandhi - superb.:thumb:
I'd be very happy with that one in particular.

I see what people mean about the exposure in a couple of them. I rush-processed them when I got home last night as I was utterly shattered. about 4 hours of driving and about six of walking up and down some very steep hills!

The snow was only the higher areas of the moors, most notably around Dunkery Beacon, it's about 500m above sea level there. This is why there are a few with no snow. It really was a day of contrasts but ultimately rewarding, managed to dodge any precipitation too, despite being able to see it in the distance!

Thanks for looking and the feedback guys.

I've already had no1 printed on my mates epson pro5000 printer. Looks fantastic at A3!

Their all up to your usual standard of top notch pics imo Gandhi. Although #2 and #5 seem to stand out the most for me as well. The horizon looks a wee bit slanted to me in the first shot, could be just me,lol. Anyhoo great job on all!

Jewel

Bachs said:
If I were to pick holes, I'd try to lift the exposure on the snow in #2 and #5 (my other favourite) the fields in the distance look a tad over contrasty.

Really nice set, agree with bachs about the second but it is being a bit picky :)

Love the stand of trees in the third.. Like a dividing lone between warm and cool tones. You had a great day with the camera proving that you are not just a warm weather friend!

Yes, reminded me of those things you used to get in cereal packets to make keyrings with. You put them in the oven and they got smaller.

Shrinky Dinkies!

If ya catch my 'snow' drift?

Gandhi said:
Yes, reminded me of those things you used to get in cereal packets to make keyrings with. You put them in the oven and they got smaller.

Shrinky Dinkies!

If ya catch my 'snow' drift?

For a moment there I thought you were talking about the 350d.
I got mine in a cereal packet and looks cool on a keyring :D

Back