Experiences with Tesco Processing

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,

I've been out and blasted two rolls of Ilford XP2 today.

Well I was considering sending the films to www.the-darkroom.co.uk to get the negatives developed so I could produce my own prints at college but, I'm a bit too impatient. So, I popped into Tesco this afternoon to see if they could process them.

Well, because i didn't want prints, they've processed the films for the bargain price of 99p each !

I've looked at the negs as best I can and they seem to be OK :shrug:, but just wondering if anyone else has used the Tesco service in this way?

To be honest for 99p per film, if they're ok then I don't see the need to try to develop my own HP5 in the future.

What do you guys think?

S

so long as the prints are fine after the extremely cheap processing then its a bargain

XP2 is not to everybody's taste, but if it suits you then it certainly offers an inexpensive and simple option as far as the processing is concerned.

XP2 is not to everybody's taste, but if it suits you then it certainly offers an inexpensive and simple option as far as the processing is concerned.

Well I'm still really new to Film and the College tutor recommended XP2 so I'm not aware of much else.

I figured that any c41 ( if there are many) B&W films would be worth putting through Tesco at that price.

I'm very likely wrong though.

S

give me silver any day . hp5plus fp4 plus . ban the dye .

I'm thinking years ago, but both my bro-in-law and I were severely disappointed with the level of care from Tesco's processor. They may now be better, but if it's anything of value I wouldn't use `em. When the local Morrisons was Safeway they had an in-store lab, and staffed it with girls who'd been on the tills, who thumbprinted the negs before I could convince them to stop.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd let you know that the negs all looked good and seemed to print ok as far as i can tell.

I'm well happy with the result.

S

Back