Expiry dates for chemicals and paper?

Edit My Images
No
I have a load of unused and sealed chemicals for B&W processing, along with some paper from about 12 years ago - I purchased it during an abortive attempt to do an evening course.

Is it going to be any use at all, or should I just dispose of it in a suitable manner?

I still have some Ilford film from the same era which I assume will be useless (been kept in a loft rather than a fridge or freezer).

I'm tempted to dig out my old SLR as I still have a darkroom kit (again, mostly unused).

I would bin the chemicals to be honest, the paper may be ok to use but wont be terribly consistent so all i would use it for is experimentation. The film will still work but just not as consistently as newer stuff which has been better stored, Lomo people would pay top dollar for expired film :D

In regards to the SLR and darkroom kit, go for it! you wont regret it :D

Cheers for the encouragement! I might get round to it over Xmas, as I have a couple of weeks off...

i'd run a roll of ( old )film thru then use the chemicals , see what happens

^^^ I'd run the old film through new chemicals (if possible) and run new film through the old chemicals. Eliminates one factor if there is a problem and the pictures don't develop right.

As others have said I'd probably bin the chemicals but for some reason out of date paper seems to appeal to the Holga/Lomo crowd so will probably be snapped up on ebay if yoy're not going to try using it yourself.

Back