Extending Ladders

Edit My Images
No
I've recently had a course of radiotherapy which, together with hormone treatment has resulted in a loss of muscle and energy. I'm also getting on a bit so looking for an extending ladder which would be a easier to use on my own than the really solid triple extending aluminium ladder I already have.

Which is the easiest to extend on your own - a double or triple?

Any pointers to a particular lightweight model you have experience of would be great. It would need to extend over gutter height on a two storey house.

Thanks,
AL

We have a telescopic ladder, although ours is 3.8m you can get bigger. Might be easier as you can extend it a rung at a time, also collapses down for easier storage and carrying.

This is the one we have: https://amzn.to/2nTJ182

Ladders are dangerous...
I have reached the age when climbing any unsecured ladder of any length would be foolhardy. Though I would not have too many fears climbing one fixed between stages of scaffolding.

I invested in a DIY aluminium scaffolding tower, it's a lot safer than a ladder, I needed a base, pair of outriggers & two height modules to get me to gutter level on our 2 storey house. The platform is approx 1.8m long and 1m wide. I bought it 20 years ago & have never regretted it. I use it mainly for access to the upper storey windows of the house for painting but it does come in useful when doing jobs at a lower height, like installing solar panels on our motorhome roof. It works well in the stairwell of our house for decorating indoors too.

When not in use it lives in the roofspace of our garage.

Last edited:
The psychic online sales team at Costco sent me the promo email today and it includes the Super Pro Telescopic Adjustable ladders.......................perhaps they are members on here? :)

Costco Extend + Climb ladders

Back