extension test shot

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
got myself a set of extension tubes today. only cheap £10 so they just screw on. with my 70-300 fitted and all three tubes they took the focus distance down to 42cm from 1.5m not bad.

ResizeofIMG_5789.jpg

heres the result.

Very difficult to judge the quality by looking at a photo sharpness depends on so many things f stop, lens quality, shutterspeed,tripod even light . I'd like to see more If you can.

I'd like to see more too, I've been thinking about getting some because I can't afford a macro lens right now. So this would be an alternative

Vi x

if you cant afford a lens these tubes are a make do i surpose.
you cant adjust the aperture because there is no electrical contacts the camera just thinks it hasnt got a lens on.
as for the quality of the shot its probably because the glass on my watch face is so scratched.

if you cant afford a lens these tubes are a make do i surpose.
you cant adjust the aperture because there is no electrical contacts the camera just thinks it hasnt got a lens on.
as for the quality of the shot its probably because the glass on my watch face is so scratched.

You can get tubes with electrical contacts, but I would just get hold of a cheap manual focus lens.

I got a set of the cheap tubes from Ebay, they work fairly well aye :).

One tip I found is some lenses, once removed from camera flick back to fully closed aperture (f22 etc) but there is a little lever that you can push/pull and blue tac it in place to get a wider aperture.

Back